Another Race?

Post ideas and suggestions on new features or improvements here.
posted on November 1st, 2003, 8:10 pm
I was thinking about Cardassians... Frankly, I don't really like races that are completely made up.. or ships that are made up.. but I thought that Cardassian race will be quite fun.. you can get Obsidian order ships and stuff.. So are you gonna make Cardassians in Fleet Ops?
posted on November 1st, 2003, 8:32 pm
i think they will come "inside" the dominion ... but i would like to know what race the ciadian will be ...
posted on November 1st, 2003, 8:35 pm
My friend said that an upcoming race will bring ships from the future.. But it could be that race...
posted on November 1st, 2003, 9:24 pm
The Iconians are a timetraveling race and sme of their ships come from the future.
The Cardassians are not planed to be a playable race, but they will appear as an NP race on some maps
posted on November 1st, 2003, 11:32 pm
What are nonplayable races? Can you take over those ships? Say, a Galor is spotte, you attack it, kill all thr crew and take it over or someting?
NieKnight
posted on November 1st, 2003, 11:35 pm
Last edited by Eufnoc on November 1st, 2003, 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
if you wish as long as it is not set a netural/allied race you can do what ever you want with it.
posted on November 2nd, 2003, 7:33 pm
i wanted to know something about the Ciadan ... not iconian ... or is it the same ???
posted on November 2nd, 2003, 8:12 pm
you can read about the Ciadan here: Ciadan
and about the Iconians here: Iconian

Non Playable Races (NP Races) are a feature of Beta3. These are Races, which spawn on a map independent from the players in the game and defend the expansions or build small bases where the map creator settles them. They also have a small Technology tree of their own. Some NP Races can also be hired as mercenaries.
NieKnight
posted on November 2nd, 2003, 8:15 pm
coll will u be able to capture there con ships?
posted on November 2nd, 2003, 8:20 pm
yep, NP Vessels can be captured like every other ship as well (ok, some NP races, like the Tholians, cannot be captured, cause they have no humanoid crew, same like the noxter)