Borg Balancing

You feel like a battlecruiser is too weak or a race too strong? Go ahead and discuss it here :)
posted on August 11th, 2010, 4:13 pm
Well, I'm not sure what I did wrong, I have no way to counter the dominion as the Borg.  The cost of some of the weaker Borg vessels needs to come down a little, or increase the strength of the weaker Borg vessels.  Like the scout cube and probe.  And the cost of the probe needs to come down a little.
posted on August 11th, 2010, 4:16 pm
Just learn how to use your ships...Borg are one of the strongest races...

Maybe you should describe your problem with dominion better...
posted on August 11th, 2010, 4:29 pm
Last edited by TChapman500 on August 11th, 2010, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I tried rushing at the opponents resources, but by the time I got to the center resources, the opponent already expanded there.  My target was the resources at the base, but I couldn't breach the blockade at the center-map resources.  Too many bugs and I didn't have enough firepower even though I out-numbered his bugs or matched the number of his bugs.  I was able to hold him off, but he was building bugs faster than I could counter them.
posted on August 11th, 2010, 4:41 pm
So the question is: With what did you try to rush in the first place?
posted on August 11th, 2010, 4:44 pm
A few probes and a couple of scout cubes.  I built them as quickly as possible and as many of them as possible.
posted on August 11th, 2010, 4:49 pm
And what did they use to defend?

You've got to provide more details if you're gonna request such massive and sweeping changes as "bring down the cost of early Borg ships".

Bugs are totally countered by Dodecahedrons, S-2 are countered by Scout Cubes, Bombers are countered by Assimilators or Dodes, Spheres beat everythting in existence.

What's missing?
posted on August 11th, 2010, 5:16 pm
from how it sounds it sounds like you were going against AI  which builds tons of bugs and is almost impossible to win against.. >.>;
posted on August 11th, 2010, 5:26 pm
It was online.  Until my connection gave out.

I built one of those Deca's did you call them?  Nothing personal, but I don't see the point in building those things.
posted on August 11th, 2010, 6:13 pm
TCR_500 wrote:I built one of those Deca's did you call them?  Nothing personal, but I don't see the point in building those things.

then it seems like the problem is you and not the game.

the dodecahedron (aka dodeca, dode, dodec, doca dice) is an amazing counter for bugs. only leahvals counter bugs harder.

bugs have the ADAI passive, they take decreased damage from medium ranged, the dodeca is long ranged.

anything with ADAI takes increased damage from support ships, and deal decreased damage to support ships. the dodeca is a support ship.

the dodeca has a torpedo which does increased damage to small ships. the bug is small. dodecas absolutely crush bugs.
posted on August 11th, 2010, 6:21 pm
I have to agree with Boggy on this one.  :blush: As it is Borg ships are waaaaay too cheap and and are just too powerful. And personally, Ive found the dominion to have an extremely hard time against the borg as docas counter almost all of their early game ships. Now there's never a sure strat that will always win the game for you, so watch some replays, learn how to micro your ships, and stop complaining just because you've lost to something.

Here's some useful information that might help you to master the game better.
General Strategies and Tactics - The Hitchhiker's Guide to Fleet Operations
posted on August 13th, 2010, 5:48 pm
Well Dominion has some quite nice possibilities against Borg. I think they are the best anti-Borg race. Still Bug spam is about the worst strategy against Borg. double intercept Dodes just tear bugs to shreds, Assims assimilate them easily and Scubes should be fine too.
posted on September 13th, 2010, 2:20 am
one thing to understand when using dodes:

the INSTANT you see the enemy and start firing, you gotta run.  Even if you're winning.  Especially if you're winning, actually; you want to kill them without them getting any shots back, then when they turn you want to follow them.  Dodes are glass cannons, they can deal damage but can't take it.