Who has a working version of Future Wars?

Talk about anything related to old versions of Armada.
posted on December 6th, 2011, 2:41 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on December 6th, 2011, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello,

I have a question for you!

Who of you has a working version of Future Wars?

I have the mod "Future Wars" already downloaded by FileFront ModDB, and the manufacturer's website, but no version worked!
Each version caused me a system crash and had thereafter no more no auxiliary programs from the hard disk!
Can someone help me any of you?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry for this bad english! This is a Google Translation!!!

EDIT: No Mod (Fleetops) is installed!
posted on December 6th, 2011, 3:33 pm
I know that mod has a lot of bugs in it, but I was always able to get it to work for the most part.  Try downloading it from here.  It is a big download though, so be warned. :sweatdrop:

Star Trek Armada II - Future Wars 1.0 Mod Download, Star Trek: Armada 2 Mods
posted on December 6th, 2011, 3:45 pm
I have a working copy.... but that won't do you any good I think :sweatdrop: . Does Armada II work fine? Does Future Wars fail to load up? What and when exactly does the crash occur?

If you are experiencing crashes upon loading, I'd suggest making a "mod of Future Wars" and placing it within your mods folder in Fleet Ops :) The following page should explain better:

Converting Stock Mods - The Hitchhiker's Guide to Fleet Operations

You won't need any of the original dlls, executable files from Future Wars, and it will run on the Fleet Ops engine and should be compatible. :)
posted on December 6th, 2011, 5:20 pm
The problem I see with that dom is that it uses the 2.5 patch project so some of the replaceweapon and canonimp code might cause problems in FO. :(
posted on December 6th, 2011, 5:34 pm
Patch 1.2.5 did not use the CannonImp; the ReplaceWeapon in the patch project has no outdated or different features compared to the newest Fleet Ops releases. The only difference is maxBuildableNumber, replaced by the fleet cap files, but that's a relatively trivial matter in my opinion  :sweatdrop:
posted on December 6th, 2011, 9:13 pm
There is always a system crash when I want to run the installation file by double!!!
The installation file is not executable!
posted on December 6th, 2011, 9:23 pm
is it a .rar or .zip by chance? 
posted on December 7th, 2011, 1:13 pm
Adm. Zaxxon wrote:is it a .rar or .zip by chance? 

It's a ".exe"-File!!!
posted on December 7th, 2011, 3:12 pm
Strange. I've just downloaded it from the previous link, and it works fine for me.
posted on January 7th, 2013, 3:30 am
Sorry to post here, looks like this thread has been out of date for a while it just seems to fit my problem and wasn't sure if starting a new thread for the same problem would be a great idea, and forums moderator can move this if they want though.

Ok with that said: "I have also had problems installing Star Trek Armada II Future Wars. It was freezing my entire Windows 7 computer so I had to download it again, this time from the Armada2Files download link, but that too has caused my entire computer system to freeze but running it as an administrator allowed me to actually install the mod."

Now though I have two .exe files that will not delete off my system and I can't even move them off of my desktop to another location (an external hard drive or flash drive for example). Doing so also freezes my entire system. What is it with Future Wars that causes these kinds of problems?

I really only downloaded Star Trek Armada II Future Wars because I was hoping to be able to play as the Andorians which I have seen are part of the mod through this picture (http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-trek-arm ... t#imagebox) but as soon as I have completed all of this hassle with this mod, I haven't even found these Andorians; is there actually any patches and updates for Star Trek Armada II Future Wars?
posted on January 8th, 2013, 1:46 pm
Hi, to rid yourself of the file that freezes your system you have to put your computer/laptop into safe mode find where the .exe file is stored and delete it that way. it doesnt work on xp either. p.s someone uploaded the art of war for armada 2 dont download it or install it as it wipes your files in armada 2.
posted on January 8th, 2013, 2:15 pm
alski33 wrote:Hi, to rid yourself of the file that freezes your system you have to put your computer/laptop into safe mode find where the .exe file is stored and delete it that way. it doesnt work on xp either. p.s someone uploaded the art of war for armada 2 dont download it or install it as it wipes your files in armada 2.

Art of War, you mean Achilles mod? I smell a troll
posted on December 4th, 2014, 8:54 am
I know I'm digging up a quite dead thread from many years ago.. however I still run into a problem with this game.

I've narrowed most of the bugs down and have learned to play the mod while avoiding them.

The one bug I can't avoid is the Maquis.

Every time I load any map related to this race, it crashes the game.

Has anyone found a cure for this issue?