Star trek Armada III - while you wait!

Talk about anything related to old versions of Armada.
posted on November 26th, 2013, 6:07 pm
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-trek-armada-3

Comming out in december. Its not really a game, its a mod for sins of the solar empire. A little something to keep you busy while you wait for the next FO patch to come out.

And remember kids, resistance is futile! :assimilate:
posted on November 27th, 2013, 1:39 pm
Looks interesting, though they do not offer much information.

This mean you have to buy Sins of a Solar Empire to run it... like having Armada II for Fleet Ops?
posted on November 27th, 2013, 2:41 pm
#ehem# did you say buy?

How quaint. :hmmm:
posted on November 27th, 2013, 3:33 pm
Beef wrote:#ehem# did you say buy?

How quaint. :hmmm:

Sorry I am not up on my games... I am generally busy with other things.

I suppose I can pose my question to the internet.
posted on November 27th, 2013, 5:48 pm
LHoffman wrote:Looks interesting, though they do not offer much information.

This mean you have to buy Sins of a Solar Empire to run it... like having Armada II for Fleet Ops?

Yep,

Sins of a Solar Empire - Rebellion is required :)

Probably isn't bad to get the DLC too, they add some nifty stuff there.
posted on November 27th, 2013, 6:12 pm
Once again the "B" word is being employed... don't tell me the FO community is one of misguided do-gooders? -_-
posted on November 27th, 2013, 6:41 pm
Beef, - and any others who'd like to add here - I refer you to our forum rules . We cannot condone the discussion of circumventing laws. You are free to discuss whatever grey stuff you'd like in private messages or other forms of chat and we claim no jurisdiction there.

If you want to think of it as tit for tat - you, as an 'anonymous' (as if such a thing truly existed) forumgoer are relatively immune from any retaliation. As a group that hosts where and what you post however, we are not immune. Fleet Ops is required to have responsibility for the contents of your posts, so, your posts can be used as evidence under law that we condone your actions.

Whether or not you agree with the rules or not is not a problem, but understanding that your actions could cause problems for the very site you frequent is important :) .
posted on November 27th, 2013, 6:59 pm
Oh I did no such thing, did I?Image

I merely implied that there are alternatives that don't involve lining the pockets of undeserving developers. Some of these methods involve lending, leasing, trading (very common), gifting second hand and other.

However, if by my mentioning of "not buying" the first thing that comes to your mind is an illicit activity, I cannot be held responsible. As a matter of fact, it does say a lot about the accuser's lack of resourcefulness. And on that bombshell...Image
posted on December 1st, 2013, 12:16 am
I try hard not to take offense at the "undeserving developers" comment.

Either way, remember that games are not made without money. That mod would not exist if nobody payed the developers for the original game.
posted on December 27th, 2013, 11:36 pm
How do mods work with the online in Sins: Rebellion? Is it like A2 where I can only play games with other people playing the same mod? :ermm:
posted on March 6th, 2014, 3:21 am
Excellent mod but still requires Rebellion to run it which is a shame, and yes. ALL players require the same mod files to play the modded game.
posted on March 6th, 2014, 9:22 am
Brutally MOD, real Star Trek features! Favorite game. 8)
posted on March 6th, 2014, 5:35 pm
emmett wrote:Brutally MOD, real Star Trek features! Favorite game. 8)

Would you care to elaborate?