Star Trek Armada Future Tense

Talk about anything related to old versions of Armada.
posted on December 28th, 2018, 11:08 pm
I have recently discovered that they are "supposedly" working on the Star Trek Armada I Future Tense Mod again after years of no news from it. After noticing this though there hasn't been any news about this mod since. Does anyone know anything about this mod?

https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/onscreen/armada/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7481

Does anyone have any opinions on this mod, will it be completed or not? From what I've read some things might have even been removed.
posted on December 29th, 2018, 9:19 am
I managed to run Star Trek Armada 2: Future Wars, on Ubuntu Linux. Just click here to find out more:
https://www.fleetops.net/forums/technical/running-star-trek-armada-2-on-ubuntu-13820?p=206284#p206284
and a few years ago, I imported this mod into Fleet Ops----->Mods folder: https://www.fleetops.net/forums/modscompleted/star-trek-armada-ii-future-wars-13030?p=205437#p205437, but there was some problems with the emitters. Actually it's a great mod and I would like to have a new update for that mod.
posted on December 29th, 2018, 5:56 pm
miklosgo wrote:I managed to run Star Trek Armada 2: Future Wars, on Ubuntu Linux. Just click here to find out more:
https://www.fleetops.net/forums/technical/running-star-trek-armada-2-on-ubuntu-13820?p=206284#p206284
and a few years ago, I imported this mod into Fleet Ops----->Mods folder: https://www.fleetops.net/forums/modscompleted/star-trek-armada-ii-future-wars-13030?p=205437#p205437, but there was some problems with the emitters. Actually it's a great mod and I would like to have a new update for that mod.


They are two different Mods. Only thing in common is the word "Future" though. Future Tense is an Armada I (A1) Mod and not for Armada II which Future Wars is for Armada II (A2).
posted on December 29th, 2018, 7:37 pm
Hi. So sorry. I noticed the difference after writing the post. I never played the Future Tense mod. Actually, the modders had the idea to upgrade their mode, creating a new mod for A2 or Fleet Ops ? That would be awesome.
posted on December 30th, 2018, 4:04 am
miklosgo wrote:Hi. So sorry. I noticed the difference after writing the post. I never played the Future Tense mod. Actually, the modders had the idea to upgrade their mode, creating a new mod for A2 or Fleet Ops ? That would be awesome.


No one has played Future Tense; lol. It's never been released and it appeared they stopped working on it. Now they made that cryptic post about being back that I linked to but nothing since. Would be nice if they just released everything they have, even if it was separately and see what others can end up doing with it. Maybe someone could then fully revive Future Tense as a Mod for Armada II or FleetOps?

Be great to hear from the Future Tense creators here actually.
posted on January 1st, 2019, 10:01 pm
Future Tense is indeed back in production. Posts about its progress are on MSFC.
posted on January 2nd, 2019, 1:14 am
Atlantis wrote:Future Tense is indeed back in production. Posts about its progress are on MSFC.


I don't have access to MSFC, Majestic and it's other admins won't allow me and from what I hear many other people to have access to the site or any of its mods that it has. This means that people like me that wants Mods there or want to know anything about Future Tense now cannot know anything about it.
posted on January 6th, 2019, 3:47 pm
Yep that's how Majestic works. Huge meglomaniac. There are books written about people like him.

As for Future Tense, eeeehhh, it's sort of the Duke Nukem Forever of Armada Mods. I wouldn't worry about missing out, Sapphire. It will never be released.
Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest