Requested feature

Talk about anything related to old versions of Armada.
posted on September 19th, 2007, 12:02 pm
Hi, with the new modular feature it'd be great if you could build multiples of the same pod. So if I added a torpedo turret (pod) to a ship I could then build it again later on another ship.

just a thought.
posted on September 19th, 2007, 12:08 pm
hm from my current tests this is already working. for example if you use the fturret as a "pod" on a research station you can "research" it on every station. if you want the same station to have more then one fturret you will have to copy the odf (fturret_1, fturret_2, etc..).
posted on September 19th, 2007, 2:00 pm
Optec...have you investigated at all..why it seems that stock names only work for some people and others can change the names and still have the pods work? I can only build pods for say shipyards with the stock fyard and fyard2..but when I try to build them under a different odf name...it fails to work for me..i can build one...but no more than that.
posted on September 19th, 2007, 2:07 pm
Optec wrote:hm from my current tests this is already working. for example if you use the fturret as a "pod" on a research station you can "research" it on every station. if you want the same station to have more then one fturret you will have to copy the odf (fturret_1, fturret_2, etc..).

not quite what I meant, I'll run through a scenario...

I make a mod that allows a small stationto be built that can build 4 turrets on it (a super turret station) these are rturrpod1.odf, rturrpod2.odf, rturrpod3.odf, rturrpod4.odf. during a game I build the station with all the pods. I then build another of these stations but it wont let me build the turrets again.
posted on September 19th, 2007, 2:18 pm
hm strange, that works for me as long as the 4 turrets are not of the "pod" classlabel but normal stations. could you perhaps mail me the odfs, we can take a closer look to this then and fix it :)
posted on September 19th, 2007, 3:13 pm
sure...i don't mean classlabel...i mean..the classlabels are 'shipyard'. but i can only use fyard.odf not fyardpod.odf or fedpodyard.odf..it doesn't like them..it builds one yard..but not more than one. but if i have fyard and fyard2. it builds each of them of, one right after the other with no problem
posted on September 19th, 2007, 5:34 pm
ahh, I have just checked my 1.2 folder and it runs the older version of the mod with the "pod" classlabel, thanks!