QUick question about A1

Talk about anything related to old versions of Armada.
posted on January 20th, 2013, 2:12 am
Are Armada 2 ships backwards compatible with A1? Specifically the SODs and Textures I can do the odfs easily I just want to make sure I can use the SODs and textures from an A2 ship in Armada 1.
posted on January 20th, 2013, 2:41 am
A2 sods are not compatible with A1. There are some sods in A2 that will work with A1, but you will find that these were actually taken from A1.

Textures are of the same format, so may be used between the two Armadas. However, keep in mind that A2 textures use the texture alpha channel differently (for illumination). You would have to remove the alpha channel to use the texture.
posted on January 20th, 2013, 5:07 am
Some mods for A1 will work in A2 though. If I remember correctly if the SODs have light maps they won't work in A1. I don't know fully why A1 SODs work in A2, but they do.
posted on January 22nd, 2013, 3:33 am
Ok, I'll have to go into some A1 mods and take out the ships I want. Although I have seen ships on STA2Files that have both A1 and A2 compatible versions.
posted on January 22nd, 2013, 6:30 pm
Some authors have released their SODs in two formats for optimization purposes. Full featured A1 SODs (lightmaps, damage effects, etc) will work just fine in A2, but there are better ways (faster, fewer polies, prettier...) in A2 to achieve the same effects. Hence the models might be released in A2 format as well.
posted on January 23rd, 2013, 9:07 pm
SPARTAN078 wrote:Are Armada 2 ships backwards compatible with A1? Specifically the SODs and Textures I can do the odfs easily I just want to make sure I can use the SODs and textures from an A2 ship in Armada 1.

far as i know, there is not any backwards compatible way for armada II to get into one, keep in mind sounds and some SOD are the original Armada I just updated textures.

Best thing to do is try some other mods out there.
posted on January 25th, 2013, 2:27 am
Ok, I did find a good all around mod though it's called the Millennium Project. It's got alot of good ships, even changes some things in the Campaign. It's pretty cool.
posted on January 25th, 2013, 7:13 pm
SPARTAN078 wrote:Ok, I did find a good all around mod though it's called the Millennium Project. It's got alot of good ships, even changes some things in the Campaign. It's pretty cool.

I never heard of the Millennium Project, where did you find it?
posted on January 25th, 2013, 8:08 pm
Je_mezu24 wrote:
SPARTAN078 wrote:Ok, I did find a good all around mod though it's called the Millennium Project. It's got alot of good ships, even changes some things in the Campaign. It's pretty cool.

I never heard of the Millennium Project, where did you find it?

I don't even know if their old site is still up but I know that you can get it here.

http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Mille ... ject;70401