Net Code Redo

Talk about anything related to old versions of Armada.
posted on October 21st, 2007, 4:06 am
Is there any way to redo the net code of Armada II so there is a better online game play performance without this constant delay you can feel during a game? I recognized that from the beginnings on and even if all players have broadband the game is still laggy. Now... do you have any idea, possibility and the know how to fix this issue up in some way DOCa and still let the version compatibility remain the same?
This would enhance the online game play experience extremely!
posted on October 21st, 2007, 9:49 am
WoW you actually find people to play online agaisnt... amazing...
posted on October 22nd, 2007, 6:04 am
WOW...Have you ever experienced that outstanding single player campaign of FleetOps?

You see...things like Avatar Systems, graphical improvements, new races, wide screen support etc. make the game more attractive as a whole. So if there is a chance to better online play...maybe this is a good thing to reach people that are sick of that everlasting lag fest of A2.
posted on October 22nd, 2007, 8:13 am
to be honest, most related to armada's networking is still a mystery to me ;)
posted on October 22nd, 2007, 10:03 am
But if you ever get the knowledge how to do this ... just keep it in mind plz cos if this is really gonna be real some day once more you will write Armada 2 history ... and do me a huge favor ;P

I'll ask you again next year...  :thumbsup:
posted on October 22nd, 2007, 1:09 pm
i personally dont find it that much of a problem, works just fine for me...

i remember that nearly all the modes promised for armada 2 multiplayer were dropped and i wouldnt be suprised if that had to do with the shoddy code used in the first place...

and by the wya my point was, no1 plays online with FO anyway so it dont matter