Need help installing a mod “Klingon Academy II: The General

Talk about anything related to old versions of Armada.
posted on May 14th, 2012, 2:25 pm
Last edited by star gazer on May 14th, 2012, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I need some help installing the mod “Klingon Academy II: The General War V.1.1” Downloads - Klingon Academy II:  Empire at War Mod for Star Trek: Armada II - Mod DB . I have Windows 7 and when I try to install it say “Invalid directory.” because of this “:” if I remove it… it will install at “C:Program Files (x86)Klingon Academy II: The General War V.1.1 Full” Next after I install it I copy all of the files (note I could not find the “gamespy.cfg” to copy it) then when I load it I get the intro, but when I try to do anything (instant action, campaign) it crashes instantly… so I need help with this!!! And I do try changing the compatibility to windows xp SP 2 on the “.exe” 

Also to the best of my knowledge my Star Trek Armada 2 has been patch up to 1.1 because when I try to download and install the patch from armada2.filefront it say something like it been update. If I need to put more information for some one to help me let me know.
posted on May 14th, 2012, 8:40 pm
I remember I ran into some problems getting this mod to work, though I think having the 1.2.5 patch installed first before I copied the files over seemed to solve it. I've tried porting it to FO though I've had no luck there. Maybe Squire James will make an FO version down the road, I'd love to help port it as TMP is my favorite era of trek, and TMP mods always get my attention.
posted on May 14th, 2012, 9:21 pm
not actually tried this mod but may give it a go
posted on May 14th, 2012, 10:52 pm
Thanks for your help! I was not patched correctly up to “1.2.5” and I think “1.1” too. So I want and install Star Trek Armada 2 on a different computer and patch it up to “1.1” and then up to “1.2.5” and then copy all the files I needed and now it work!
posted on May 14th, 2012, 11:48 pm
looking through the files looks like its the game_cfg.h file thats the error so delete it from the mod files before copying over to your a2 install and should be fine (its not needed as its basically same as a2
posted on May 15th, 2012, 7:17 am
Well, it installs the other way round Blade. You copy the relevant A2 files over to the new KA2 directory. It has to install this way due to the weird way that the _1 and _2 files in the texture directory conflict with modified stations and textures and crash the game. I had a horrible time trying to explain this when I first released it, hence my altering it to install in the way it does.

Glad you got it working though star gazer. I will be packaging up the new "expansion" as it were, KA2: Empire at War V.1.0 for release very soon :)
posted on May 16th, 2012, 2:25 pm
Cool can not wait to see the now "expansion" for KA2 and now that I play this mod some I most say I really like (possible more then the “FleetOps” mod)!
posted on May 16th, 2012, 2:32 pm
Also since I have been playing I have sometimes seen units built at a starbase at the top of a random map get stuck as they come out of the starbase. And I believe the AI for the “ISC” is not working right… they build like one or two ships doing the whole game in my “team ffa” games I have played so for.

Lastly the game will stop working if I set it up so the AIs can basically build things instantly and have lots of resources/unlimited and set a cease fire for 10 minutes after the cease fire ends AIs will have a lot of ships on the map a few minutes later the game stops working and have to use “alt ctrl delete” This also happens when I am playing against like five AIs and the game gets to the point where everyone has many ships in play! And yes I have a Windows 7 with a lot of ram and physical memry etc… and it can easily play StarCraft II (just not on high settings).
posted on May 16th, 2012, 4:26 pm
Aye, there were several bugs in the original version I did not get around to fixing. Rest assured that the new version is (I would say) 95% bug free.
posted on June 13th, 2012, 4:59 pm
Any new news on the new version?
posted on June 13th, 2012, 5:13 pm
You think that if there would be, he wouldn't post it?
posted on August 26th, 2012, 3:20 pm
To bump a slightly older topic, if you check the ModDb page for KA2: Empire at War, I just released the new version (V.1.0 of the expansion/sequel)