Modular Stations

Talk about anything related to old versions of Armada.
1, 2
posted on August 6th, 2007, 9:43 pm
In armada 1 you could use the Pod classlabel to create modular stations, would it be possible to put this back into armada 2 with the patch project it would in my opinion bring armarda 2 up to armada 1s level then.

Great work so far you guys aswell I do very much like the maxbuildable odf command.
posted on August 7th, 2007, 8:05 am
i am currently on vacation and in this area internet access is possible with gsm speed only, so i can't really investigate yet. but this old classlabel sound very interesting, hmm, what does the "pod" classlabel do? what happens if you use with armada 2?
posted on August 9th, 2007, 12:56 pm
Well the pod was used for research pods, in armada 1 you could then get them to build and support other pods hence creating a modular station, although it was based off a main point, In armada 2 for some reason they restricted what the pod classlabel could do so that it couldn't be used to build ships and such other things. I was just wondering whether the feature could be put back in.
posted on August 9th, 2007, 1:34 pm
Is that what the Officer Upgrade from the Starbase was?
posted on August 9th, 2007, 1:50 pm
so, what happens if you integrate such an odf into armada 2? does it crash or just not work
posted on August 9th, 2007, 3:25 pm
I've seen this Modular construction in Armada 1, something like a station builds a shipyard component and weapon modules and so forth. I'll have to find the ODF files off my old armada install on my OLD rig.
posted on August 9th, 2007, 4:57 pm
ah yes, just talked to optec. i have already taken a look into this issue already last month. we were talking about this armada 1 feature to be used for v4, so i took a look into it. when using that combination of odf files armada just crashes. i know how i could fix it, but as it is low priority for us - are there other modders interested to use this feature, too?
posted on August 9th, 2007, 6:59 pm
I know I could love to use it, I've been slowly progressing on a minor multi-verse mod, just a few ideas i've started back with A1. I liked the modular station concept.
posted on August 10th, 2007, 3:11 am
yes I would also enjoy this I think it would best fit in the A2 patch project but having it in FOs would be sweet to  :thumbsup: people have been trying to do this for years but with no success but you should look into this for V4 and work on V3 keep up the good work  :thumbsup:
posted on August 10th, 2007, 10:24 am
I really hope you do put this in the patch project. It was really the biggest thing that let armada 2 down for me. Good Luck anyway.
posted on August 17th, 2007, 7:49 pm
There are a lot of people in the modding community who would like to see modular bases possible in a2, I got a little way in that direction getting a station to build another station (without the pod classlable) but it was very limitted in what it achieved

If the pod classlable in A1 can be set to accomplish multiple tasks, incorperating the roles of other classlables like the shipyard, and this can be achieved with the patch in A2, it surely must be possible to make a classlable or a set of classlables that remove a lot of the restrictions and can open new possibilites for modding that classlable restrictions originally prevented.
posted on October 3rd, 2007, 7:40 am
I am lost.  Patch 1.2.4 is there, but 1.2.3 is not, does that mean 1.2.4 also has 1.2.3 in it?  If not, how do I find 1.2.3?  Thanks!
posted on October 3rd, 2007, 8:38 am
yep you do always only need the latest patch :)
posted on October 3rd, 2007, 10:34 pm
ya ntanel 1.2.3 was releaced and some of us found some big errors and 1.2.4 was released soon after
1, 2