Lack of Gridlines

Talk about anything related to old versions of Armada.
posted on July 19th, 2007, 5:31 am
When I first installed Armada 2 on Windows Vista and applied the patches, my gridlines did not show on the map.  I asked Doca Cola for some help and he did not see how the patches were the problem.  I did some experimentation and have come up with the solution.

Setting the graphic settings to the hightest of detail may disable the gridlines.  I tried this on both XP and Vista and come to find that by setting the detail to medium, the gridlines reappear.  Also remember that Alt+G enables and disables gridlines.

Seeing as how all of my installed graphics cards are from NVIDIA, I can not assume this is a problem for everyone.  I tried this experiment on three different computers.

Ciao!
posted on July 19th, 2007, 7:27 am
thanks for your report. this may help a few people
posted on October 21st, 2007, 1:03 am
hmm thats interesting.. especially if people are running good video cards... i'm running video off the basic intel chipset and have no problem with it. if your running this on an older computer with older technology then understandably setting graphics to a very high quality would cause a problem. iv'e noticed that this is one of the few games that i have that doesn't run a video test when you first run the game. most games however will lock you out of higher settings so that you can set the video settings to the best for your particular video card. maybe this is something that the patch creators could add to a future version of the patch?