Disabling Certain Stock Files & Features In Stock Armada II

Talk about anything related to old versions of Armada.
posted on March 11th, 2013, 7:57 pm
I was wondering for certain mods that don't use the campaign and don't need it to work (just either a multiplayer or Instant Action Mod) how do you disable the missions, and the missions AI's if you want to delete them from your mod?
(This question isn't for my STA2_Classic Mod since I want the missions there. This question is for another mod that I'm thinking about.

If you want to remove the stock ships and stations from the game, as in deleting the ODF files, SOD files and their ShipImages, do you have to really get rid of their textures?

So how does one go about disabling these features and then removing the unnecessary files?

I ask this because of the original Star Wars Fleet Command Mod (http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Star_Wars_Fleet_Command;8831), when I first got it recently I move all the ships and their associated files from the ODF/Stations folder to the ODF/Ships folder. After that, this mod crashed on trying to start it (I've posted it's bug report sometime ago on another thread). So I removed the Techtrees, AI files (mission AI's and non-needed races), all I have left is the stock files in the Missions and Objectives folder belonging to the missions. Do I have to delete more for this to work? What files do I have to edit for such a change to take effect?

If I can do this, especially with the Techtree files I don't want to use, I want to remove the non-relevant Techtrees from my STA2_Generational Mod. All incite on this would be appreciated.
posted on March 12th, 2013, 6:12 am
Another question, the folder called "Extras" in the main Directory for Stock A2 and in some mods (except some FleetOps mods it seems), is it safe to delete this folder from the game's directory?
Does it actually affect the game, and if it does is there a way to also disable its features?