Confirmed: GOG.com re-releasing STA/STA2 & Others

Talk about anything related to old versions of Armada.
posted on August 31st, 2021, 10:12 am
Last edited by Sugar Spice on September 18th, 2021, 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Classic Star Trek games may be coming to GOG, including Elite Force and Armada
If they do it could bring more life to STA and STA2.
This could also help solve the incompatibilities issues with new systems. I hope this happens.

Edit: it is Confirmed and they are on the GOG.com store though STA and STA2 are coming soon.
posted on September 2nd, 2021, 5:54 pm
This would be super cool! Please make it happen!
posted on September 9th, 2021, 2:36 pm
I noticed this with much excitement too. Even brought me back here to see if anyone else had made note of it :)
posted on September 10th, 2021, 2:31 pm
Actually confirmed by GOG and Activision now. A bunch were released on Star Trek Day, but Armada 1 and Armada 2 are still "Coming Soon", presumably because they're a pain in the butt to get working on modern systems.
posted on September 18th, 2021, 6:08 am
The question is will modders return who had left. And can we use this to Fleet Ops advantage?
posted on September 18th, 2021, 6:16 am
Those who are still lurking around might return, but I have much more hope in potential new modders.
As for Fleet Operations, if the ModDB page is still up to date, then the only issue will be that the development was stopped and that might discourage some. Maybe a "GOG Celebration Patch" or something could be released, only to indicate that it's still alive.
posted on November 7th, 2021, 12:13 pm
It's great news isn't it!

In the case of Armada 2 I'm particularly excited as hopefully they'll update it to support modern resolutions! I've posted here before about how you can play Armada 1 in HD thanks to the fan patch but not Armada 2 (unless you use some 3rd party mods for Fleet Ops which don't fully recreate the experience).

Here's the direct GoG list link for anyone interested:
https://www.gog.com/partner/startrek