Armada 1 LAN Tools?

Talk about anything related to old versions of Armada.
posted on March 30th, 2015, 11:53 pm
Hey all,

After much frustration with nVIDIA drivers, I got fed up and threw a $20 Radeon X1800 into my rig to get Armada 1, among other games from the same time period, running smoothly. I will definitely be installing FO since it looks pretty sweet and has extant multiplayer support, but I was wondering, is there any utility that would get me running a LAN game of A1 since WON.net went down? Not that I necessarily expect there to be an online multiplayer community for it anymore, but it would be cool every once in awhile to get a skirmish going with a couple of my roommates or local friends.

If not, I'll have to get with the times and/or play the campaign or AI skirmishes when I feel like it. What a world, what a woooorld. :P
posted on March 31st, 2015, 1:51 am
Before you do anything, you should get the 1.3 patch by the FO team. Simple home-network LAN should still run fine, but I'm not sure about how to get internet play working. You could try Tunngle, for which the Guide has a nice tutorial (FO, but still), but other than that, I don't know.