Armada 1 in Windows 10

Talk about anything related to old versions of Armada.
1, 2, 3
posted on February 14th, 2016, 2:46 pm
Maybe try dgvoodoo2
http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2.html
besides emulating glide it emulates also directx 5 6 en 7 wich is needed by armada 1.

besure to disable application controlled fullscreen windows mode
and disable alt enter to toggle screen state.

this way i dont need to use dxwnd
and have full accelerated graphics in the game.

i have it running this way with windows 10 x64 with a hybrid graphics laptop.
Game works perfect then
also works with a lot of other games like armada2 and some very old games like starfleet academy.
posted on February 14th, 2016, 4:42 pm
Could you make a screenshot of the dgvoodoo setup pls`?
posted on February 14th, 2016, 5:06 pm
dgvoodoosetup1.PNG
general setup
dgvoodoosetup1.PNG (95.8 KiB) Viewed 1375 times
dgvoodoosetup1.PNG
general setup
dgvoodoosetup1.PNG (95.8 KiB) Viewed 1375 times
here are the screenshots please let me now if you still have problems

Attachments

dgvoodoosetup2.PNG
videocard setup
dgvoodoosetup2.PNG (89.54 KiB) Viewed 1375 times
posted on February 14th, 2016, 5:11 pm
WintersICT wrote:Maybe try dgvoodoo2
http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2.html
besides emulating glide it emulates also directx 5 6 en 7 wich is needed by armada 1.

besure to disable application controlled fullscreen windows mode
and disable alt enter to toggle screen state.

this way i dont need to use dxwnd
and have full accelerated graphics in the game.

i have it running this way with windows 10 x64 with a hybrid graphics laptop.
Game works perfect then
also works with a lot of other games like armada2 and some very old games like starfleet academy.


Well the good news is, after copy the MS DLLs to the game itself its working again without safe mode.

However the only last things that bug me are:

- In the Main Menu & when i pause the game, the game becomes windowed. Only the actual gameplay is fullscreen.

- The mouseicon sometime flicker.
posted on February 14th, 2016, 5:29 pm
WintersICT wrote:
dgvoodoosetup1.PNG
dgvoodoosetup2.PNG
here are the screenshots please let me now if you still have problems


Now with those the game remains in windowed Mode and runs fine so far.

Still the flickering mouse coursor but thats ok.

Sometimes when you are in the gameoptions you have to click twice on return to actually left for e.g the game options.

Also the Animations in the main menu doesnt work but thats fine :)
posted on February 14th, 2016, 5:42 pm
Well if the game itself ( not the menus ) is in windowed mode you can do alt enter and it is fullscreen.
The menu`s are also windowed @ my end but it is the gameplay wich is important and that works perfectly.

if i look in to the emulator i think i will find an option wich fixes the menus also but havent had time to do that.
Game is much to fun :lol: :lol: :lol:
posted on February 14th, 2016, 5:44 pm
At least it help me on continueing my Star Trek Armada Lets Play ^^ thx.

I wonder if that helps also for Lego Rock Raiders too :)
posted on February 14th, 2016, 7:04 pm
youre welcome.

dont now lego rock raiders so cant tell you if it will work but if it requires direct 5 or higher it should
posted on February 14th, 2016, 9:25 pm
According to pcgamingwiki it requires 6.1 but thx for the info :) Also thx for that tool.
posted on June 4th, 2016, 4:05 pm
eriedlinger wrote:I was able to get Star Trek Armada I to work on Windows 10 64bit. My previous post talks about updating Armada.exe and using DxWnd.exe to launch the game. The post is located here: //www.fleetops.net/forums/armada/armada-1-and-2-crashes-in-windows-8-12199?p=202233#p202233

These two steps are still needed. However, besides doing those you will need to remove the App Compatibility settings for Armada.exe and recreate them.

Step 1: Remove App Compatibility settings
** Note: If you are not comfortable with using regedit.exe then I would recommend against this. But I will tell you what I did in case you want to try it. I could not get it to work without this step.

The only way I found to remove all the App Compatibility settings was by searching the registry and deleting them. Removing them from the file properties Compatibility tab won't remove them all.

What I did was search the full registry for "armada.exe" and when I found an entry if the entry was under an App Compatibility registry key then I deleted it. For your convenience I listed the App Compatibility registry keys below:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags

Step 2: Add new App Compatibility settings
To do this all you need to do is:
1. Right-click on the Armada.exe file and click properties.
2. Go to the Compatibility tab.
3. Select "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows 7". Note: from my tests it worked with Windows XP and Windows 8 also but I chose Windows 7.

That's all. at this point you should be able to run Star Trek Armada I in Windows 10 by:
1. Running DxWnd.exe
2. Double-click on the "Star Trek - Armada" item

I tried this, but it keeps saying "Unable to delete all specified values". HELP!!!! :'(
posted on July 26th, 2016, 6:08 pm
I love seeing that others are working on armada 1 as well!

I am working on a Guide to play armada 1 at UFPlanets. in the mean time here is the guide at the moment.
https://ufplanets.com/showthread.php?59 ... post307115

I linked some trouble shooting methods from this post as well.

I need some further testing to make it official, but I am glad to see it is working!
posted on July 27th, 2016, 7:44 am
Good Luck with your guides, if we can help you somehow with Tests or something feel free to ask.
posted on July 27th, 2016, 12:33 pm
Kirk990 wrote:Good Luck with your guides, if we can help you somehow with Tests or something feel free to ask.

Yes of course, I would love to get together and see games over tunngle!
posted on March 2nd, 2017, 2:24 am
eriedlinger wrote:I was able to get Star Trek Armada I to work on Windows 10 64bit. My previous post talks about updating Armada.exe and using DxWnd.exe to launch the game. The post is located here: //www.fleetops.net/forums/armada/armada-1-and-2-crashes-in-windows-8-12199?p=202233#p202233

These two steps are still needed. However, besides doing those you will need to remove the App Compatibility settings for Armada.exe and recreate them.

Step 1: Remove App Compatibility settings
** Note: If you are not comfortable with using regedit.exe then I would recommend against this. But I will tell you what I did in case you want to try it. I could not get it to work without this step.

The only way I found to remove all the App Compatibility settings was by searching the registry and deleting them. Removing them from the file properties Compatibility tab won't remove them all.

What I did was search the full registry for "armada.exe" and when I found an entry if the entry was under an App Compatibility registry key then I deleted it. For your convenience I listed the App Compatibility registry keys below:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags

Step 2: Add new App Compatibility settings
To do this all you need to do is:
1. Right-click on the Armada.exe file and click properties.
2. Go to the Compatibility tab.
3. Select "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows 7". Note: from my tests it worked with Windows XP and Windows 8 also but I chose Windows 7.

That's all. at this point you should be able to run Star Trek Armada I in Windows 10 by:
1. Running DxWnd.exe
2. Double-click on the "Star Trek - Armada" item


Hell all! Long time Star Trek A1, 2 and Fleetops player here. Had to make a new account because I forgot my old one

Sorry to bring up an old post but I figured it was better than making a new one about the same thing. Recently Ive been wanting to play STA1 and Ive tried to follow these steps the best that I could. I believe Ive done everything correctly but when I run the DxWnd.exe in admin mode and their is green light I try to run it and nothing happens. But before it did open and I saw the A1 splash loading screen but it crashed.

I was wondering if there was anyone that is able to help or who has had better luck than I.

Thank you to anyone who replies and tries their best to help :)
posted on April 19th, 2017, 7:54 pm
I used Armada 2 but Armada 1 will be work as well. If it install, then it run.
- Mount image with Daemons or other utility
- Run Setup and popup screen must appear.
- Click install, choose directory, ....
- Install. Choose to put an shortcut in desktop.
(For me in Win10 Anniversary, I have no problems).
Now the trick. You must search for NO CD exe file, and download.
Replace the armada.exe.
In the shortcut, right click it and and choose run compatibility Windows XP SP2.
Run the game and have fun!
1, 2, 3
Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 2 guests