Another idea I recently had...

Talk about anything related to old versions of Armada.
posted on October 9th, 2007, 1:16 am
Hello all,

Recently I had an idea about weapons, and having multiple classlabels for each if wanted, is this idea already in motion for one of the patches?

Aden
posted on October 9th, 2007, 7:48 am
could you please explain your idea further?
posted on October 10th, 2007, 12:17 am
ok I will give an example from VOY: Scorpion... When Voyager goes to the Borg with the knowledge on how to defeat Species 8472, when 8472 blows the planet, a Cube locks onto Voyager with a tractor beam and flees into warp.  Say you have a Borg Cube running around the map, and you run into a ship that you want to take back to your base, but dont want to damage it to badly... well you want to tractor it back to base, but a tractor beam wont allow you to lock onto a ship with engines active, and you cant use the holding beam cause it only holds the ship, plus it makes you stop firing but the enemy can fire... my idea is this, make it possible to use the tractor beam class label, with the class label to the holding beam plus any other class labels you would want... another example would be a phaser with the abilities of the shield disruptor AND the Psychonic Blast... making it so we can use multiple class labels will give armada another burst of life, allowing modders to make really custom weapons.

Aden
posted on October 10th, 2007, 4:12 am
DOCa Cola dont we already have this it sounds like he wants a "combat tracker" which we already have right :blush:
posted on October 10th, 2007, 6:15 am
Meredith wrote:DOCa Cola dont we already have this it sounds like he wants a "combat tracker" which we already have right :blush:

I have no idea what this is, but I was simply asking for the restriction on the weapons ODFs only allowing 1 classlabel, in A1 they allowed multiple class labels and if we could get it for A2 it would be very nice.

Aden
posted on October 11th, 2007, 12:41 am
Aden wrote:
Meredith wrote:DOCa Cola dont we already have this it sounds like he wants a "combat tracker" which we already have right :blush:

I have no idea what this is, but I was simply asking for the restriction on the weapons ODFs only allowing 1 classlabel, in A1 they allowed multiple class labels and if we could get it for A2 it would be very nice.

Aden

the combat trackter (oops on the spelling) is a trackter beam you can use on enemy and it stops them from moving so its like the holding beam in vanilla A2 but it dose not take over the ship ^-^ very sweet
posted on October 11th, 2007, 11:15 am
the combat tractor beam does the same thing as the cube holding beam, except for the transfer of a boarding party. i.e it only holds the ship in place, thus nullifing any movement penalties to the hit chance.

i think basically what he wants (in his example) is the standard tractor beam to work even with engines working.

possible solution for this is too have the tractor beam actually disable the engines (plus any other system) when active, that way you could drag the target around pretty much at will.
posted on October 12th, 2007, 12:38 am
Cpt Ryan wrote:the combat tractor beam does the same thing as the cube holding beam, except for the transfer of a boarding party. i.e it only holds the ship in place, thus nullifing any movement penalties to the hit chance.

i think basically what he wants (in his example) is the standard tractor beam to work even with engines working.

possible solution for this is too have the tractor beam actually disable the engines (plus any other system) when active, that way you could drag the target around pretty much at will.

:thumbsup: that, and just general unlocking of the hardcode that says that a weapon ODF can only have 1 ClassLabel.  SO for instance instead of just having a normal phaser, you can have a normal phaser that also does the effects of the shield disruptor and the Psychonic Blast

EO
posted on October 29th, 2007, 2:17 pm
hehe, now i understand. yes, the idea is goog, but a general unlock of weapon classlabels is just not possible. i have to rewrite a lot of stuff for that. if you have a particular request, just tell me about it :) i will see what i can do
posted on November 3rd, 2007, 6:51 pm
ok simply could you create a class label that has the tractor beam that cuts the target ships engines and weapons systems?

Aden