Startrek Borg Vs SGA Wraith

Want to say something off topic? Something that has nothing to do with Trek? Post it here.
1, 2
posted on December 9th, 2010, 8:05 am
I was Bored one night this week  and started watching Stargate Alantis. I Got to thinking What if: If the Borg ever met the Wraith  who would win?  On a side note... If the Borg Assimulated a Wraith  would it still need to feed or would it get plugged in to the  power grid? Any thoughts on which species would prevail.?I feel the Borg would eventually win . However  the Wraith  would  Put up a  very nasty resistance  and Borg losses would be severe.
posted on December 9th, 2010, 8:54 am
That would depend on who ronin started shooting at first :)
posted on December 9th, 2010, 11:21 am
Wraith = no shields and energyweapons vs borg adapting to energyweapons and personel shields.
If drones can shoot to there won't be high loses.
And if a Wraith is trying to eat a borg he will be infektet and become a borg.

And if you can plug a human into the powergrid so that he don't need any food or water. Why it should not work with a Wraith.

In my Opinion, Star Trek beats Stargate and would have a hard fight with star wars and will be beaten by Bab5 ;).
posted on December 9th, 2010, 11:57 am
well wraith only have stun weapons, which are energy based and the borg would adapt to. So boarding action goes to the borg. But the borg wouldn't want to assimilate a wraith i dont think, as they genetically need a human chemical, kinda like jemhadar. It would probably take a lot of borg resources to fix these genetic addictions.

In ship to ship combat, again the wraith have energy weapon, which can be adapted to.

Also wraith have less than 100 hives, while the borg numbers are much higher. I'd give this fight to the borg.

Such a comparison is weak tho as these are two different universes, which probably have different laws of physics.
posted on December 9th, 2010, 12:54 pm
Well going on to visuals etc. Borg win easily, their ships are supposedly in hundreds of thousands if not millions (said by chakotay in episode scorpion). Borg would adapt the hive weapons and would assimilate the bio armor on the hive ships. Now, this is in  perspective of a star trek person.

While if you go to the hardcore scifi people on spacebattles, they say that stargate is focused in gigatons ++ weaponry.(sometimes terratons :pinch:) Also the super hive ship in the end was not even being able to be damaged by the asgard beam weaponry that was able to destroy ori ships in a few shots. But the borg will prolly be able to adapt or assimilate it.
posted on December 9th, 2010, 1:05 pm
super hive was a one off plot device. The wraith would need more zpms to make another.
posted on December 9th, 2010, 1:22 pm
Being unharmed by Asgard weaponry doesn't really mean much in a crossover since we have no idea how the weapons and defences of the shows compare.

But of course, that would fall on deaf ears.
posted on December 9th, 2010, 2:39 pm
Lol, just imagine the asgard weaponry are tos phasers :whistling:
posted on December 9th, 2010, 2:54 pm
The ancients could beat the borg, they have some awesome shield tech and some awesome weapons like the drones and the sustained beam weapon we saw on that huge satalite in orbit over a planet that cut through a wraith hive ship. Would do the same to a cube and the drones would fly in for good measure.

Perhaps even the asgard could win when they were back in their prime.... before they become semi extinct of course.

Yep i watch anything sci-fi, even farscape lol wonder who would win a peacekeeper command carrier with its 3 frag cannons or a borg cube ...hmmmm
posted on December 9th, 2010, 2:58 pm
Last edited by Tyler on December 9th, 2010, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And again, there is nothing to compare the weapons and defenses of the shows. Comparing 2 ships from the same series tells nothing. It only shows they're the big fish in their pond without saying anything about others.
posted on December 9th, 2010, 3:15 pm
It is as far there are "official techbooks" where shieldstrengh, weaponstrengh, power of the reactor and so on is written down in watt or joule or some other unit you can compare.

But the only ones I've seen so far are about Star Trek and Babylon 5 (and fucking hell Bab5 is realy some gigantomaniac).

I know, techbooks are no "official" canon because only the things we've seen in the shows is canon.
But there they are not telling you how much the shield will take.
posted on December 10th, 2010, 3:56 am
Sorry guys but basically in the long run the borg beat everyone, I mean they adapt to ever thing, even 8472 was beat with borg tech so eventually the borg would just assimilate everyone one or just destroy them. even Bab5 because they have no shields
posted on December 10th, 2010, 4:38 am
Here is the curve ball. What about Halo's Flood. Who would win? Would the flood virus control the Borg or would the Borg control the virus? 8472 DNA was so advance that the Borg couldn't assimilate it and the Flood could be just like that?? Maybe the Flood mind would dominate the hive mind maybe it wouldn't matter and a merging of two hives would happen.

I would say that the Borg would win on the grounds that if they really wanted to destroy something they would just overwhelm it with cube and cubes and more cubes. If they want to assimiliate it, it would be drones (nanites) drones (nanites) drones and NANITES. It would be hard to be the Borg.
posted on December 10th, 2010, 4:45 am
Maybe but i think the flood would just overwhelm the the borg and just kinda merge with the borg
posted on December 10th, 2010, 5:38 am
I doubt it. Despite the parasitic nature of the Flood, the Borg would have pretty good defenses against it. The personal shields of drones would stop the Flood off at the microbe level while they attempted to assimilate the larger bodies. And even if the Flood managed to overwhelm one drone, the collective would probably just terminate that drone if it couldn't eliminate the Flood cells, leaving it to turn into Flood. If worse came to worse, they would just sacrifice the either ship. I also doubt that there would be any kind of merging. The Flood aren't really a hive mind, they're more a singularity controlling mindless bits of matter which only occasionally work as a cohesive unit. The Borg on the other hand are a true hive mind. Each drone still thinks for itself, all the other drones just hear it, and they all work collectively to operate the collective. In fact they operate so collectively that a pseudo-singularity forms which the Borg manifest physically as the Borg Queen, yet she does not actually contain the "hive mind", nor is she irreplaceable. Thus the Borg would be able to cohesivly use trillions upon trillions of technologically enhanced minds to out maneuver the Flood's mind.
1, 2