Red Shields Wont Repair on Loading Saved Game

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on March 3rd, 2015, 8:33 pm
Hi all, I'm running 3.2.7 and I've consistently run into this bug every time I load a saved game.

Shields on some of my ships are fulled charged, but turn red, and are then impossible to repair in a yard (they just sit there).

I think this is the same bug as "Saved games sometimes generate ships with shields above 100%, leading to repair mishaps " listed in the known bugs thread, but it is listed as fixed there.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Foaric
posted on March 4th, 2015, 6:35 am
This comes from having one (both?) of the shield improvements researched. The red shield bar indicates the game thinks it's over their maximum capacity. The shipyard gets confused when you try to repair it -- it can't repair a shield that's over capacity, so it just sits there.

To get an affected ship out, force attack it, and stop once their shield goes back into normal range.
posted on March 4th, 2015, 6:57 am
Ahh thanks for the info. I guess it's just a known bug then? Is there any way to fix it besides force attacking?

I'll have to just avoid saving then, it's a bit of a pain to force attack 60ish ships! :o
posted on March 4th, 2015, 3:44 pm
Foaric wrote:Is there any way to fix it besides force attacking?

Rewriting the upgrade mechanics to use a replaceweapon would work, but it would be a massive undertaking and would require manually installing the upgrades on each ship.