Aramada2load.dll is missing

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on August 22nd, 2014, 3:29 pm
Hi,

I was trying to play today and when I clicked on fleetops it came up with a message saying that the Aramada2load.dll is missing and that I should reinstall armada 2. I did install aramada 2 again and fleetops and still nothing.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks
posted on August 23rd, 2014, 3:32 am
did you install with admin privileges/uac off? That'd be the first thing that comes to mind.
I can find the file in my FO/Data dir, if it's really just that, Someone nice could let those 12kb probably find their way to you.
posted on August 23rd, 2014, 3:25 pm
Check your AV package's quarantine area. I've had NOD32 give a couple of false positives on some FlOps .dlls recently.
posted on August 23rd, 2014, 7:37 pm
Yep I had to uninstall Mcaffe :sweatdrop:
posted on July 27th, 2016, 6:38 pm
Mcafee is removing the Armada2Load.dll file from only Fleetops. I am still able to play Vanilla Armada2 but not Fleet Ops. This is really annoying. Not interested at this time in spending an hour or two pissing about with deleted and reloading Mcafee and then doing all the config bs again. So guess its not fleet ops for a while till I have a day I dont feel like nuking the world. Such is life.
posted on July 28th, 2016, 4:47 am
You should be able to whitelist the file in your antivirus :)
posted on July 28th, 2016, 10:20 am
Yes, this seems to be happening from time to time. The file gets detected as "malicious" due to the way our code gets injected into Armada. Usually it helps to just submit the file to the respective AV vendor. It mostly gets whitelisted in one of the next signature updates then once again.
As dominus already mentioned, the simplest method without entirely disabling your AV is to exclude the Armada2Load.dll or FO directory from scans in your AV's options.
posted on July 28th, 2016, 2:44 pm
Exclude an item In Mcafee Internet Security

Add items to your exclusion lists for real-time scanning, your custom scan or scheduled scans so McAfee won't check it for threats.

You can exclude files from real-time scanning, your custom scan or scheduled scans. You can also exclude folders from your custom scan or scheduled scans. Remember, though, excluded items might contain threats that can seriously harm your device; McAfee does not recommend excluding items from your scans.
1 On the Feature Tiles page, click Virus and Spyware Protection.
2 Do one of these:
• To exclude a file from scans any time it is accessed, click Real-Time Scanning, then click Excluded Files.
• To exclude a file or folder from your custom scan, click Scan Your PC, click Run a custom scan, then click Excluded Files and Folders.
• To exclude a file or folder from your scheduled scans, click Scheduled Scans, click Schedule Your Scan, then click Excluded Files and Folders.
3 To exclude a file, click Add file. To exclude a folder from your custom scan or scheduled scans, click Add folder.
4 Navigate to the item you want to exclude from your scan, then click Open.
Excluding items from your scans
After some rather extensive reading, I found this. Finally after 10 tries I got it to accept Armada2Load.dll as a excluded file from real time and scan checks. Fleet Ops now loadd, Today is a good day to play Fleet Ops. nice to hear from ya Doca Cola has been years mate.
posted on July 28th, 2016, 4:19 pm
DOCa Cola wrote:Yes, this seems to be happening from time to time. The file gets detected as "malicious" due to the way our code gets injected into Armada. Usually it helps to just submit the file to the respective AV vendor. It mostly gets whitelisted in one of the next signature updates then once again.
As dominus already mentioned, the simplest method without entirely disabling your AV is to exclude the Armada2Load.dll or FO directory from scans in your AV's options.

a buddy of mine at UFPlanets named Marcus_NL has mcafee and temp disabled it when installing FO, as soon as it came back online it Flagged the program and auto deleted it, so far hasnt found a fix, but perhaps this above post will help.

I use AVG and I made an exception and haven't had any issues, but I hear Mcafee is a stickler...
posted on July 28th, 2016, 6:57 pm
I had this trouble when using McAfee in the end i had to remove it and go back to AVG and get it to work again
posted on July 30th, 2016, 7:07 pm
DefiantNX74205 wrote:I had this trouble when using McAfee in the end i had to remove it and go back to AVG and get it to work again

I sent info from this topic to a friend on UFPlanets, this is what he had to say about it, so perhaps this can help you.

I've finally got McAfee to stop quarantining the Fleet Ops.exe file. The info in your certainly helped me out, but it didn't cover the whole operation. I had to tell McAfee in like 4 different places to leave the file alone, which just goes to show that the user interface in pretty crappy. In a good interface the software should, when it announces it's going to quarantine a certain file, immediately give you the option to tell it to go ahead or leave it alone.
Took me a while to find all the options, but done now.