Replaceweapon only replaces ships?

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on April 6th, 2014, 6:49 pm
Still struggling with my multi-era mod...
Now I've encountered with a strange issue. I have a pod for each race which assures that every player advances into the new era. It has a replaceweapon with a timer of 600 seconds. When the time passed, it replaces itself with a new pod to count the time in the new era, and with a classlabel="u-ball_obj" object, which has an unitorpedo that immediately gives another replaceweapon to certain ships and stations which will be refitted/replaced by something else in the new era.

It works perfectly with ships, constructors and miners are replaced with more advanced models, warships are replaced with their refitted counterparts.

However, stations are not affected for some reason. Starbases and shipyards should get an updated construction list, weapon platforms should be refitted, but they are not! It is very strange because the Federation Outpost uses replaceweapon for its system upgrades and it works there just fine....

Does this mean that starbases can be refitted individually by a direct button command? If this is the case, can the AI use this method to refit its starbases?
EDIT: And if we're already on topic: What is the maximum of builditems in a shipyard? I know that a maximum of 31 buttons can be visible at the same time, but AI can build ships which have no visible buttons, so I think that there may be more slots than 31.
posted on July 13th, 2014, 1:23 am
I think you should look up about secondary build list. The code is used I think when you research the core construction pod at the shipyard to reduce turret costs for the Romulans.
posted on July 14th, 2014, 7:23 pm
The direct button command you are talking about also uses a replace weapon. This weapon, in stock FO, docks resources to be used, then replaces the station with the one in its listing.

What you could do is set up the station to be the replacer, and it drops a uball that fires another weapon at everything else. This weapon provides another replace weapon upon impact, which replaces the other ships/stations as necessary. Best part about this, it can be set up so it isn't seen, so it looks like your stuff advanced without a problem. 8)

The original station is replaced by the original replace weapon.

It's a bit of code, but it works if done right.

If this has help, let me know. If not, PM me and I should be able to help you.