Two Bugs

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
1, 2
posted on June 13th, 2005, 4:55 pm
First , I was playing a LAN game with my bro against a Klingon , I was Noxter , him Borg...about 1/2 hour in , I turn my guy into a cocoon to regen, then I when I "killed" the cocoon via the button to get him back , it crashed the game instantely.

Second , I was playing an skirmish versus a Noxter AI (me Romulan)..it was a slugfest for about 1 1/2 hours , and I don't get one stinkin credit. Nada, nothing...what gives?
posted on June 13th, 2005, 4:58 pm
it's been said that the noxter are pretty buggy, thats why they are being left out of v3 and getting redone for latter release.

Second , I was playing an skirmish versus a Noxter AI (me Romulan)..it was a slugfest for about 1 1/2 hours , and I don't get one stinkin credit. Nada, nothing...what gives?
:huh: :huh: dont get what your saying there
posted on June 13th, 2005, 5:03 pm
Last edited by Hauptmann on June 13th, 2005, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I had a long battle versus a Noxter (and I was a Romulan)..and I didn't get any credits whatsoever to unlock the top tier ships/buildings (even though I killed a ton of ships and buildings).
posted on June 13th, 2005, 5:06 pm
Last edited by Cpt Ryan on June 13th, 2005, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I had a long battle versus a Noxter (and I was a Romulan)..and I didn't get any credits whatsoever to unlock the top tier ships/buildings (even though I killed a ton of ships and buildings).

:huh: i think your a little confused there buddy. :blink: you dont get any extra credits for destroying anything. you get a max of 10 to start off with and you have to decide how you use them. ^_^
posted on June 13th, 2005, 5:09 pm
:omg: ... I feel like such an idiot... :unsure:
posted on June 13th, 2005, 5:11 pm
:omg: ... I feel like such an idiot... :unsure:

dont worry dude, v3 3 is supposed to have a higher number of credits for ya to play around with B)

BTW sorry for quoting you again but adding replys seem to be disabled, for me at least :huh: :ph34r:
posted on June 13th, 2005, 5:13 pm
Last edited by Tiberious726 on June 13th, 2005, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
does anyone know why the nortex are buggy (or at least what happens right before it crashes)?

you could quote someone and them erase everything in the quote box...
posted on June 13th, 2005, 5:20 pm
i think the noxter would have been the most difficult race to make, and didn't turn out quite as stable as the fo team wanted :unsure:

@Tiberious726 didn't think of that. :fish: anyway replying worked this time ^_^
posted on June 13th, 2005, 7:27 pm
yep, sadly our sweet little noxter are terribly bugged at the moment (hm, bugged bugs). Therefore they will take a rest in v3 and come back in v4 in a complete new redo! ;)
posted on June 13th, 2005, 9:52 pm
i have a mager problom on my computer the borg noxter and some times the romulands and a cupal of thes the fedration cose the game to crash.

the only relibal race is the kligons. the feds are prity relibal but evry ones in a wile thay cose the game to crash.

will thes probloms be fixed in V3?
posted on June 14th, 2005, 10:46 am
I don't know cause i don't know what's the problem is :) I hear of something like that for the first time therefore i think its something with your pc or programm environment. Maybe it will fix itself with v3 :) Let's hope best
posted on June 14th, 2005, 12:26 pm
the other races for me are just fine ^_^ i dont recall EVER having crashed with any other race except noxter. guess i must be lucky B)
posted on June 14th, 2005, 12:53 pm
Last edited by ewm90 on June 14th, 2005, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it hapinds when that races triys to do a task and some thing hapinds that it can unserstand the game crashs like bilding a ship shooting a wepind.

i dont know if this is posabule but makeing a small app that whood run in the back rawnd that whood detct a crash and save the game otimatical or some thing like tham or make a program that save every 2min in a tempray cash some whare so if thare is a crash you can retrev you game. the save game size seems some what small 1.2 mb on averge.
posted on June 14th, 2005, 10:39 pm
@ewm90: could you give us the dxdiag?

@optec: do you know what is it that make the nortex crash?
posted on June 15th, 2005, 6:28 pm
for me its must have something to do with the cocoon (assailant) whenever i use it the game either crashes straight away or soon after. :cry:
1, 2