Question About 'credits'

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on March 7th, 2005, 12:10 am
'ello, im a veteran STAII player and have tried almost every mod possible...

I've just downloaded Fleet Ops, and played as both the Borg and Federation (going to play as the others after I post this :D ), and it wasnt till I had a better look around the new GUI, that I noticed a Fourth 'resource' and after so long I couldnt build stuff as the borg :hmmm: this didnt bug me.. because I had more than enough ships to wipe the opponents from existance :D

Sso I was just asking whats the deal with these 'credits'

fred
posted on March 7th, 2005, 1:09 am
Welcome to the forums. The reason for the credits is so that some of the most powerful ships or weapons can't be built over and over, to help balance. Some ships and station can only be built once or twice, like the original A2 population control but only for certain things.
posted on March 15th, 2005, 5:45 pm
Last edited by Anonymous on March 15th, 2005, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the forums, fred. It's very much a way to keep things canon to Star Trek. Also, a good topic to discuss this is in the thread "for the carnys" (carnys means Cardassians, and the thread starter has dyslexia) in the feature request section. I pointed out that if the Cardassians were to ever be in FO, the Hutet class from Dominion Wars should be in that race, but it should have to be built with the use of credits since Cardassia is not really that strong.
posted on March 15th, 2005, 10:04 pm
Don't you mean for the cardies? Because carnys means carnival folk.