Priority Repair Bug

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on January 12th, 2016, 5:49 pm
Has anyone found a way to Mod the game to repair or fix the Priority Repair feature that was broken in 3.2.7?

I reported this bug right after 3.2.7 was released, but now that the team is working on NX...I just wondered if anyone had created a fix?

If you are not aware...when it is working correctly Priority Repair should only be able to be canceled by a Stop command. Right now any command, such as Attack, will bring the ship crawling back to battle. This is most noticable when you have your ships in a fleet and try to repair one.
posted on January 13th, 2016, 4:36 am
I take it you're referring to the interminably long moment between the ship starting to manoeuvre into the yard and the ship actually entering, where any command given to the ship or control group it's in can pull it out? Yeah, I've posted about that as well, but I think Dominus stated that it's a behaviour that's deep in the code and unfixable on the Armada engine.
posted on January 14th, 2016, 2:24 am
Yeah that might be the same thing. I haven't noticed them stalling at the shipyard, but rather turning around in route.

Here is an example. I have a base and shipyard at 11:00 on the map and I am engaging the enemy with a fleet of 10 ships at 3:00 on the map. One of my ships starts taking heavy damage and I want to send him home for repair. I issue the Priority Repair command and he falls back and turns to head home. Lets say he makes it a quarter of the way home and then I tell that same fleet to attack a particular target. The ship heading home will turn around to obey the attack order and thus get himself blown to hell.

Is that the same as what you are talking about?
posted on January 14th, 2016, 3:38 am
It isn't what I most frequently see, but there are a couple of other scenarios where a ship can 'forget' it's been given a priority repair order, both stemming from the same background mechanic: a ship ranks up while on the journey, or certain activated special abilities with a duration end.

I think both of those use an internal mechanism called "replaceweapon", which, when fired, replaces a unit with something else in the same condition. Orders aren't consistently translated through, though.

I think the devs had quite a few problems with the use of replaceweapons in 3.2.7. I don't know if any efforts to improve them made it into the bare-bones FO 4 loader that was released for modders to use, or if the devs were planning to deprecate their use as much as possible while they were still developing within the Armada II engine. The issue's probably moot, though, as I'm sure that they'll implement a superior mechanism to get the gameplay results they want in FONX.
posted on January 14th, 2016, 10:01 am
I have observed this issue numerous times as well. I never was able to fix it. In this case it is not a replaceweapon issue. The command queues of ships have various flaws in Armada 2. And fleet movement has it's own share of bugs.
I think one workaround to avoid that: After you excluded the ship you just sent to repair from your selection, reassign the ship group with ctrl+1 again. Then commands won't get 'accidently' relayed to that vessel.
posted on January 14th, 2016, 12:41 pm
I have also found that it seems to only be the Attack command that snaps them out of the Priority Repair mode. If I let the AI do the attacking and rather just move the fleet next to what I want them to attack it doesn't affect the ship heading back to repair.
posted on January 14th, 2016, 3:15 pm
Doca's got most of the story, but there's a bit more that's critical; it's not enough to assign the ship to a new control group.

In armada, ships are assigned into "groups" based on whether they are given the same commands. Of the commands, the move command is the 'strongest' grouping command it appears. So, if you give a group of ships a move order, all those ships get grouped together, regardless if they are in the same "ctrl # fleet". To break that, one of those ships must be given a separate move command. This happens much more frequently in laggy situations.

In other words, to make certain a single ship does not pass on its commands to others in its fleet or inherit the commands of ships in its fleet, the following set of steps are necessary:

1) deselect/select the ship that you want to do something.
2) Give it (or give the rest of the fleet) a move order (anywhere).
3) Reassign the fleet to a new ctrl number.
4) Give the repair (or whatever) order