No sound

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on April 12th, 2016, 7:23 pm
Dear FleetOps community!

I haven't played A2 for several years. A few days ago I downloaded FleetOps 3.2.7 on my very new Computer, which i recveived few days before. The new system (Asus) runs under Win10.

I installed FleetOps after succesful downloading. In the Beginning I had several troubles with graphic adjustments which I fixed soon. After starting an instant action game - just to have a testing look at the game - I noticed there is absolutely no sound (no effects, music or voices).

The interesting fact is, that I hear button sounds BEFORE launching the game. When I pause the game to get to the menue, the sounds there are off now, too.

I tried everything to fix it (including update of all drivers, activating and deactivating hardware acceleration, changing sound channels, switching from 5.1 to stereo or mono...) but nothing works!!

Can anybody help, please?
posted on April 13th, 2016, 9:17 am
Have you tried running Fleet Ops in compatibility mode for an older version of Windows? It's the only thing I can think of. :)
posted on April 14th, 2016, 7:52 pm
Thanks, Admiral.
But somehow I managed it, to solve the problem in a quiet weird way: After I tried all things about sound, I decided for some reason to update the GRAPHICS driver too. Believe it or not, afterwards, the game works pwerfectly, without any sound problems :o :D

I'm not a genius when it comes to computers, but I really have no idea how graphics drivers can be realted to sound problems....

Anyway, I will enjoy now playin'.

Thanks!
Guitar-Man
posted on April 16th, 2016, 3:51 pm
That's not as odd as it sound :) You see, modern graphics cards use HDMI, which also has an audio component. Out of date drivers for your graphics card might cause a conflict with an onboard sound device or a sound card. When this occurs, the OS just disables all conflicting drivers, hence no sound.
posted on September 27th, 2016, 3:14 pm
Hey there, I thought I would add to this instead of making a new thread. I am having some sound issues as well, but in my case everything is working, except, there is no music, at all.
posted on September 29th, 2016, 11:50 am
You did download and install the Multimedia pack right?
posted on September 30th, 2016, 12:25 am
I recommend installing the multimedia pack when installing FO