Full screen menu / game

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on March 3rd, 2015, 4:43 pm
Evening guys,

Long time no see for some of the older members :) I have just installed the latest version. I noticed the menu lunches in window mode. I couldn't see an option for full screen. I could change the ingame resolution but that didn't change the menu or after action report. I dual monitor and not having the option for full screen is a little annoying.

Am I missing a rather obvious tick box somewhere?

:thumbsup:
posted on March 3rd, 2015, 5:10 pm
No, they made it windowed only on purpose. I think it may have been some sort of compatibility issue.
posted on March 3rd, 2015, 5:16 pm
Hmm, any plans to revert back?

Thanks for the quick reply by the way :)
posted on March 3rd, 2015, 5:32 pm
Nope. They've moved on from the Armada engine entirely and are building the next version on ezEngine. They did release the half-finished v4 loader, though, and Blade has started operating on it. The thread is here. Blade posted a link on the second page for the v4 loader and I've been working on a new techtree to go with it. You could see if he's willing to give it a shot.
posted on March 3rd, 2015, 6:22 pm
Clearly been a while since I last logged in or check FO out. You're moving from Armada 2? What are the benefits of this? I mean other than me having to find my ISO file for Armada 2?
posted on March 3rd, 2015, 6:30 pm
Part of the reason they're making the move is because the Armada engine is ancient and a lot of the tweaks they've made to the engine are just to get it running on anything newer than XP. It also doesn't support a lot of features and it takes a ton of files for some of the stuff they're doing. Doca (I think it was Doca) mentioned that in the new version, rank-ups and weapons will all be contained in a single file for a ship, not a couple dozen.
posted on March 3rd, 2015, 7:08 pm
cabal wrote:Part of the reason they're making the move is because the Armada engine is ancient and a lot of the tweaks they've made to the engine are just to get it running on anything newer than XP. It also doesn't support a lot of features and it takes a ton of files for some of the stuff they're doing. Doca (I think it was Doca) mentioned that in the new version, rank-ups and weapons will all be contained in a single file for a ship, not a couple dozen.

Fair enough. What kind of language does it use?
posted on March 4th, 2015, 12:46 am
From their website, it looks like it's C++. You can also get milestone 5 (rev561) and mess with it yourself if you have the coding skill (I don't) at the bottom of their home page. There was also a news item about it.
posted on March 5th, 2015, 9:58 pm
cabal wrote:From their website, it looks like it's C++. You can also get milestone 5 (rev561) and mess with it yourself if you have the coding skill (I don't) at the bottom of their home page. There was also a news item about it.

Thanking you. :)
posted on March 6th, 2015, 5:44 pm
Yes, NX is written in C++ and uses ezEngine. We are closely working together with the ezEngine team. You can take a peek into ezEngine's code on their website. However NX is developed separate from ezEngine.

We'll provide a easy to use interface for modding later on. No C++ skills required :) It will be comparable to Armada in that regard, but with a way more possibilities and lot less redundant files/text.
posted on April 9th, 2016, 11:52 am
I realized that when I tried to run the unmodded Armada 2 on a Windows 10 PC, the game crashed every time after I exited a menu. I believe that's why they did it. I personally don't mind..