Bug: Ships fly altough the shouldn't do it ;-)

Program aborts? Network configuration? Graphic errors? Bugs? Post your question here.
posted on September 18th, 2014, 1:26 pm
Hi,

first of all. Guys, I appreciate what you are doing. This Game is very Funny and makes a lot of fun!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

But, only a small but, I have seen a small bug.

Sometimes my Ships fly to the coming enemy and attack him, although I gave the order, that the ship should stay. ("Red Alert, Yellow Aler, Green Alert"-Menu of the Ship, there the second in the middle. The Text of the Button is someting like this "The Ship will don't move if it's attacked").

But I tried to give you more Informationen about this.
So:
If there are one or more ships and I gie them the order to attack one enemy Ship, they fly to the enemy, attack them. Then I give them the order to fly back to, at example, my defence line. If the reach the defence line, they turn around and fly back to the enemy ships, if the enemies are shown in the smapp Mini Map.
They only don't fly back if I let them fly back to my defence, then go in the "Green, yellow, red-Menu" (see above) the push the button "The Ship will don't move if it's attacked" again.

If you have further questions, please ket me know. :-)
posted on September 19th, 2014, 6:52 pm
I've seen this behaviour myself. Dominus has said in the past that it's to do with the way the engine groups ships together.

As the developers are working on the NX version, and the Armada II engine version is no longer being or maintained, it won't be fixed.
posted on September 20th, 2014, 6:25 am
I always keep my hand on the "S" key, for stop. that's one way to keep them from returning, although it won't stop them from attacking new targets.