A strategy to beat federation mayson turrets?

Share and discuss your gameplay strategies.
1, 2
posted on July 21st, 2013, 6:20 pm
Agreed, Zap. Capt Petecard, what special rules are you using for these games?
posted on July 25th, 2013, 5:11 pm
We're not using special rules. I let them build up their expansion when I probably could've gone in sooner. it was a long game, I think a bit over an hour. We were playing the map Duel.
posted on July 25th, 2013, 7:30 pm
you know, constructor must travel to expo... :lol:

if he already build turet home, he is out of resources without ships... so you kill that traveling constructor with 3-4 brels...
suround his base with few cloakers to see any outgoing constructor or miner, follow them to safe distance from turrets hit them fast, and cloak ...

this you can do on bouth sides , so he is confused...

and you bottle him up...

you need to expand more than once , you have map control if he is turreting, you must overmining him to death.

map control is key here.

we all love "the turreting guy" he is easy prey for any experienced player. :D
posted on June 9th, 2014, 6:46 pm
People who do this often build up their resources first then try to expand. I always grab their contructor and attk whatever mining station is not turreted yet :P
posted on June 9th, 2014, 8:54 pm
Agreed that field of fire and ion storm will be the best way to handle an area already infested with turrets, but you should work on harassing any constructors you find to stop it getting to that point. it makes me miss the old "Holo Emitter" from stock A2, just slip in a science ship and make them shoot at each other. :sweatdrop:

A mix of K'vorts and b'rels work well early in the game. they can bring a hell-storm of pulse weapons fire and even cloaked, slip past a federation sensor, because even if the feds have pings going, they can still only target a few of the ships at a time early on. it's an expensive harassment strategy in terms of supplies, but it will save you having to put up with a dozen assorted turrets later on. Like others have said particularly if you hit turrets in their raw or "upgrading" stages, you stand a chance of denying that spot to your opponent in the future and fubaring base layout.

I'm curious, the Romulans have a bonus to damage immediately after decloaking yes? Silent Resolve? Perhaps a wave of ceres/erisis ships, or Lethvals with their energy reeling turned on and their disruptor special decloaking on top of a turret and hitting it hard before bugging out? haven't tried it, but seems like a workable strategy
posted on January 13th, 2015, 5:58 am
Last edited by dave81 on January 14th, 2015, 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
build a couple extra scouts .

ipad air 2 hülle
posted on January 13th, 2015, 6:52 am
figured I should tell you, but noone has responded here in half a year.
posted on January 13th, 2015, 2:13 pm
Build 9*30 strong ship and not problem :)
posted on January 13th, 2015, 5:23 pm
Since pretty much every good strategy is already posted here, I figured I'd post this trivia as well...

In order for a Federation player to build Mayson torpedo turrets in the first place, they have to build their larger Eraudi shipyard.

So, destroying said shipyard (if there's only one of them) is a good method of stalling turret construction in an unexpected fashion.
1, 2