Klingon Boarding and Strategy Help

Share and discuss your gameplay strategies.
posted on March 5th, 2014, 6:22 pm
Im a noob and need some help.
In my search for Star Trek Armada I and II, I came across this game and my desire to play these games has been met without breaking my wallet lol. At least the instant action/multiplayer aspect. I look forward to playing the story-line as well eventually.

I have poured over the guide, google, gamefaqs... I can find nothing that gives me much info on the Klingons and their superior boarding capabilities. Like how and when to use the ability. I have chosen this Klingons because of this, (Im a Marine so it makes sense right?) and I was hoping some peeps could give me a few pointers about this game and the Klingons.

I have been playing for about 3 days now, whenever I can and I am in love.
posted on March 6th, 2014, 12:14 am
Klingon boarding is no different to the Dominion one: build a Troop Transport, select 'Transport Attack' and click on the target and it will automatically board when shields are down. Dominion are better, since the Klingons have to research Call to Arms at the Ordnance Depot to upgrade the Vutpa' Class while the Dominion just build transports from the start.

Dedicated Troop Transports are limited use in FO because the boarding strength is not much different to normal ships, you're also limited to a small number.
posted on March 6th, 2014, 12:19 am
Welcome to the forums :)

In addition to Tyler's statements, Martok's capital ships happen to have stronger boarding parties. If you check the Avatar tooltip when selecting his forces, you can see what the bonus applies to. The guide's avatar page also details this information: http://guide.fleetops.net/guide/basics/ ... lor-Martok. Off the top of my head, I believe their combat effectiveness is +15%.
posted on March 6th, 2014, 2:00 am
Awesome, thanks fellas.

My understanding was that the Klingons were the best, but it does make sense that the Dominion would have somewhat better boarding capabilities, with the Jem'Hadar and all. After Deep Space Nine, I became an even bigger fan of the Klingons and really despise the Dominion lol.

Any Klingon strategy tips you wouldn't mind parting with for a noob?
posted on March 6th, 2014, 9:13 am
play a lot and for many , many advise come to teamspeak , we will be happy to guide you...
posted on March 6th, 2014, 6:20 pm
Awesome will do, can I get the teamspeak info?
posted on March 6th, 2014, 6:38 pm
download teaspeak 3, instal, and to join us use adress fleetops.net:9900

thats all
posted on March 6th, 2014, 7:27 pm
The Borg are also very good at boarding since they don't have any shields to lower and they have such high crew. For playing a boarding style, there's a few things I can tell you:

The transport hotkey is T. If you hit it when the mouse is hovering over a ship it will begin boarding immediately. If the mouse was not over a ship, the cursor will change and the next ship you click will be boarded.

Most ships will have to lower shields to start boarding which is a big disadvantage; the exception is troopships such as the vutpa refit which is a little difficult to get.

You can board a cloaked vessel if you detect it, since the shields will be down but it will stop your ships from firing on it, which if you are using the brel's manual targeting will cause you to lose vision of the ship after a few seconds.
posted on March 6th, 2014, 8:41 pm
awesome, got the teamspeak installed and running.

Thanks for the boarding info as well, that's good to know!

I have been playing solely with the Klingons and trying to figure them out before I try anyone else out. I just discovered the mixed-tech thing, and I must say, I love this feature! I just finished a game against the Dominion and I love the mixed-tech you get from them. The Vutpa Refit that gives you an extra what? 200 Troops for it? Awesome. Then there is the Cho'Naq refit which gives the ship Artillery range, combine that with their tech upgrade... could possibly pretty scary tactic. So cool!