cubes and others

Share and discuss your gameplay strategies.
1, 2, 3
posted on February 16th, 2013, 8:48 am
when you put in game fusion cube and tactical fusion cube with what we will could destroy them, maybe some strong ships will be in game for other races or some tehnology
posted on February 16th, 2013, 10:02 am
i haven't heard anything about fusion cubes (or their tactical flavour) being introduced to fleetops.
posted on February 16th, 2013, 12:22 pm
nope but they are bringing in a command cube :)
posted on February 16th, 2013, 7:48 pm
ok command cube and tactical command cube will be strongest ships in game so with what other races will counter command cubes
posted on February 16th, 2013, 8:17 pm
vlado87 wrote:ok command cube and tactical command cube will be strongest ships in game so with what other races will counter command cubes

cube will almost certainly have no dodge of torps. so anything with large numbers of torps. currently e2 is a good shout vs cubes: not very expensive, not much tech needed, so much torp spam. a limited number of defiants if possible will be handy, their special will disable the cube's entire weapons array. beware that a cube can be built with holding modules to seriously reduce the effectiveness of specials.

klingon luspet should be a good idea, they have a passive that reduces damage from cubes.

currently the breen battleship is a good idea, but next patch will remove the classification of battleship, so can't be sure about next patch.
posted on February 17th, 2013, 10:57 am
I dont ask with whatI can destroy this thing :
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Borg_cube

I ask with what players will could destroy this things:
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Borg_fusion_cube
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Borg_ ... usion_cube

Borg fusion cube (command cube) were 8 times stronger than borg cube so when borg Al or borg player build command cube that will be end of game I quess
posted on February 17th, 2013, 11:14 am
vlado87 wrote:I dont ask with whatI can destroy this thing :
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Borg_cube

I ask with what players will could destroy this things:
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Borg_fusion_cube
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Borg_ ... usion_cube

Borg fusion cube (command cube) were 8 times stronger than borg cube so when borg Al or borg player build command cube that will be end of game I quess

1) command cube is not fusion cube. a command cube won't be as strong as 8 normal cubes. a command cube is like the cube from best of both worlds or first contact. the normal cube is like the cube from voyager.

2) i made a typo in my post, i meant to start with

"the command cube will almost certainly have no dodge of torps..."

sorry for the confusion. :sweatdrop:

the command cube will likely be vulnerable to the same stuff as the normal cube. it won't be fast, it won't dodge torps. spam it with lots of torps. don't necessarily rely on disabling, a current cube can install holding beam modules to greatly reduce the effect of disabling specials. the command cube may be able to do similar things.
posted on February 17th, 2013, 12:39 pm
so we will not see fusion cubes in game :'( :-\
posted on February 17th, 2013, 1:15 pm
vlado87 wrote:so we will not see fusion cubes in game :'( :-\

im sure the command cube will be all and better than the fusion cube. and look more like something from the shows aswel.
posted on February 17th, 2013, 1:19 pm
vlado87 wrote:so we will not see fusion cubes in game :'( :-\

hopefully not, fusion cubes were a daft idea. i never liked the idea of gluing together 8 cubes to make another bigger cube. why not glue together 8 fusion cubes and make a death star?
posted on February 17th, 2013, 1:32 pm
I've seen a lot of mentions on the forums and in the project progress about command cubes, is the idea of them purely fleet ops or is there reference to them in any of the star trek episodes. As far as I remember all the cubes encountered in star trek had the same or similar dimensions to previously encountered cubes, which if my memory serves me was 28 cubic KM.

If this is a fleet ops addition does anybody know what the differences will be to the normal/ tactical cube.
posted on February 17th, 2013, 1:40 pm
as far as i remember the devs said that normal cubes are similar to the voy cubes and the command cube will be as powerful as the one in the tng episode where the borg attacked earth

sry i know ... first read the topic than write a reply :(

Myles wrote:a command cube is like the cube from best of both worlds or first contact. the normal cube is like the cube from voyager
posted on February 17th, 2013, 3:57 pm
about the size, size in star trek is very inconsistent. in the show cubes are only ever called cubes, nothing else.

we've seen that the BoBW cube and the first contact cube were monsters, then voyager happened and the borg suffered villain decay, making their cube seem so much weaker (voyager didn't get immediately rinsed by the tactical cube).

a way to explain this is how the fleetops devs are going to do it, say that cubes aren't all the same. there's no logical reason that the borg couldn't have cubes with different sizes. hence two different sizes of cube.

we either have a size difference or a capability difference, we can't explain both just using canon. some conjecture is needed.
posted on February 17th, 2013, 6:14 pm
In Q who, when the enterprise first encounters the borg, data does give dimensions for the cube. Later in BoBW data says that he is not sure if its the same cube as in Q Who but he does say it has the same dimensions. In First Contact the cube has a sphere inside yet again another feature that all cubes were suppose to have....therefore maybe all cubes are command cubes??

tbh, I dont think fleet ops needs another cube, even though the command cube sounds really interesting. When I play the borg, I never build a cube necessary for endgame, but more so by that time, just because I can. By the time it takes to build and get to the centre of the action, its generally game over.
posted on February 17th, 2013, 6:19 pm
From what I know, Voyager Cubes are apparently smaller than the TNG ones (the Assimilation Cubes, not Hugh's 5-man Scout Cube). Usually portrayed as weaker and lacking regeneration or adaption like in TNG.
1, 2, 3