Star Trek Infinite Space canned

What's your favourite episode? How is romulan ale brewed? - Star Trek in general :-)
posted on November 4th, 2011, 8:47 pm
Dear Star Trek – Infinite Space Fans

We would like to take this time to clarify what you may have read in a Gameforge Press Release.

What that means for the game is that the plans for the Beta are currently on pause until further notice while we explore the options for a co-publishing partnership. For the time being, nothing will change. When we know for sure what the future holds for us, we will keep you informed.

The Future of Star Trek – Infinite Space. | Star Trek – Infinite Space
posted on November 4th, 2011, 11:13 pm
That doesn't necessarily mean it's cancelled, just some major changes are in the works. Seriously I suggested the "canned" title of this thread needs to go!
posted on November 5th, 2011, 1:43 am
I agree, just because they are holding off on the release doesn't mean they aren't releasing at all. 

Maybe they are wising up and making the game non-browser based! :woot:
posted on November 5th, 2011, 2:24 pm
They are talking about it in the forum and basically gameforge cant progress any further and they need some server programmer or something as its currently way way beyond Gameforges skill level so its on hold so unless they employ a very good programmer soon it will be officially canned i just don't think they will announce it as its like getting blood from a stone they just wont admit to anything until it becomes blindly obvious.

It was delayed from September to fall, to sometimes in 2011 and now its just on hold. I had that feeling since the beginning and that same feeling is telling me this game wont see the light of day.

Hopefully Star trek online will be FT2 very soon.
posted on November 5th, 2011, 2:32 pm
Last edited by TParis on November 5th, 2011, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I won't shed a single tear. All this "Free to Play" crap (the term is ridiculous if you take a look at most titles called f2p) is getting on my nerves. There are positive examples like Heroes of Newerth or even Team Fortress 2 but most games force you to invest a ton of money in order to compete properly with other players.
Oh, and it is a browser game... ughhh.