Star Trek Axanar

What's your favourite episode? How is romulan ale brewed? - Star Trek in general :-)
posted on March 24th, 2014, 2:20 pm
So Star Trek Axanar has been doing exceptionally well on their Kickstarter. I don't know if it's been discussed here or not, I haven't been very active on these forums for a while.

I'm pretty stoked about it though, it's the best independent Trek production that I've seen in the works for a while now. What do you guys think about it?

They've got a sweet video with some footage and cast/crew talking heads up on Youtube:

Here's the link to their Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/194429923/star-trek-prelude-to-axanar/
posted on March 25th, 2014, 12:28 pm
This looks surprisingly good. I wish Paramount/CBS had the motivation to give something like this official funding.
posted on March 31st, 2014, 1:32 am
LHoffman wrote:This looks surprisingly good. I wish Paramount/CBS had the motivation to give something like this official funding.

I know right?

In other news, the Kickstarter just hit $90,000. They've raised about $30,000 in the last 3-4 days alone. Pretty fantastic!

There was also a pretty sweet article about them on space.com here: http://www.space.com/25264-star-trek-axanar-fan-film-kickstarter.html. Take a gander!
posted on June 12th, 2014, 4:40 am
Here's the first released trailer for Prelude to Axanar, it's looking pretty fantastic!

posted on June 12th, 2014, 9:00 am
impressive trailer. i'm looking forward to seeing what this team can do.
posted on June 15th, 2014, 2:43 am
certainly looking better than renegades trailer
posted on July 26th, 2014, 6:05 pm
The Prelude release for donors is tonight, and it's releasing to the public on the 30th, I believe.

They just started the Kickstarter for the main feature. They set a goal of $100,000 and they're at a little over $67,000 as of right now. Pretty flippin sweet!

Here's the link to the new Kickstarter, they've got an extended trailer for Prelude to Axanar there, and I think it'll be posted there as well, once it's released to the public.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/194429923/star-trek-axanar
posted on October 7th, 2014, 8:26 pm
well they got over x6 the amount they asked for so that's good
posted on October 8th, 2014, 7:26 am
Fair good chance to raise the money they need. Still, I'm a bit sceptical from what I see in that footage. It's a lot of bang bang and reflecting babbling. To me it's just not creating that feeling of the "intelligent", "deep-minded" conception of a "Star Trek" I so desperately missed in the latest releases. Let's see what Axanar can do. All the best.
posted on October 8th, 2014, 10:34 am
I really need, :swoon: :wub: :wub: :dance: and i hope they can make true new Star Trek movie!... :cloak: :cloak: :cloak:
posted on October 10th, 2014, 12:48 am
I expect the full feature to be quite different in tone to the "Prelude to Axanar" promotional short. I also think the production values are the highest I've ever seen from a fan film.
posted on October 10th, 2014, 6:14 am
I think so, too. And i really hope they can rise the muny needed to make full movie. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :woot: :woot: :woot: :dance: :dance: :dance: