Startrek Borg Vs SGA Wraith

Want to say something off topic? Something that has nothing to do with Trek? Post it here.
1, 2
posted on December 10th, 2010, 9:09 am
fa11out wrote:even Bab5 because they have no shields

They have. They all have.
From easy diffusion/dispersionshields for just weaking the energyweapon that hits you to full gravimetric shields.
It even was shown in the shows.

Another question.
Do the personal shield of a drone protect it from physical attacs or just from energyattacs.
posted on December 10th, 2010, 9:25 am
as the first contact showed: no, it doenst protect the drone from physical attacks
posted on December 10th, 2010, 11:33 am
I know Picard fired a hole mag in two of these guys. But they would be dead after the first 2 or 3 bullets.
I just ask because I remember how Dater killed some borg in hand to hand combat but a drone in Voyager even survived the explosion of a borgship.
Did they changed the shields from energetic to energetic+kinetc?
posted on December 10th, 2010, 3:33 pm
Quatre wrote:I know Picard fired a hole mag in two of these guys. But they would be dead after the first 2 or 3 bullets.
I just ask because I remember how Dater killed some borg in hand to hand combat but a drone in Voyager even survived the explosion of a borgship.
Did they changed the shields from energetic to energetic+kinetc?

nope, the drone doesnt need to breath, so it was just a bit luck that the drone surived
posted on December 10th, 2010, 3:41 pm
Last edited by Tyler on December 10th, 2010, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Borg have shown shields that work against physical attacks in TNG, when Worf went for Locutus. Since drones have been killed in physical combat elsewhere, it would appear those shields are built into the ship instead of the drones.

Great for defending your own ship, but useless for attacking others.
posted on December 10th, 2010, 5:55 pm
any borg ship infested with flood (assuming they cant defeat the flood) would be self destructed. we have seen the borg use such a tactic. and flood can be destroyed by explosions, or the chief wouldnt have survived long lol.

the better question is master chief vs chuck norris
posted on December 10th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Let's see, one is a seven foot, heat packing, one man army, in a suit of armor, and the other one's the Master Chief.
:D

I'd say it's no contest. The Master Chief would immediately recognize the awesomeness of Chuck Norris and automatically bow before him after seeing his own short comings.
posted on December 10th, 2010, 6:37 pm
As for the Picard thing, I must point out (but will prolly fall on deaf ears) that he was using holographic bullets with the saftey protocols off. :rolleyes: It was smoke and mirrors.

Also, you can't kill anything in meaningful numbers in melee. Ever. If you constantly go into melee against the Borg, you're gonna get assimilated.

What I'd like to see, is the Daleks against Species 8472. Discuss! :D
posted on December 10th, 2010, 6:41 pm
Oh, hm. I'd say Daleks. Despite the strength of Species 8472 they're still biological organisms, as are their ships. Daleks would pretty much own them. We haven't seen any biological organism resist the Dalek's beam weapons.
posted on December 10th, 2010, 6:42 pm
pakleds vs replicators?
tribbles vs the time lords?
terran empire vs the royal philharmonic orchestra?
posted on December 10th, 2010, 6:44 pm
Perhaps, but remember how quickly the bioships heal. Conventional weapons don't hurt it, and species 8472 isn't quite like most other organisms.

:lol: DAMN INTERFACE!!!! j/k But seriously, replicators would win.
posted on December 10th, 2010, 6:45 pm
The effects of Borg torpedoes on 8472 ships also implies they are shielded, which Daleks would have to break through before getting to the undefended hulls.

Myles wrote:tribbles vs the time lords?

Easily the Tribbles. All but Klingons are powerless against them.
posted on December 10th, 2010, 6:48 pm
Manchester United Football Club (MUFC) vs the covenant from halo?
posted on December 10th, 2010, 6:49 pm
The Doctor vs. the Culture?

*awaiting thread lock*
posted on December 10th, 2010, 6:54 pm
why would this get locked, we're still half on topic. and this is in small talk :D

maybe if there was a flame war theyd lock it.

or if it gets necrod a month later lol.
1, 2