Star Trek: Borg and Windows

Want to say something off topic? Something that has nothing to do with Trek? Post it here.
posted on August 31st, 2013, 2:09 am
As the title says. I have troubles playing the gamej on windows 7. I know its very old, but maybe I'm hoping that someone has got it to work. If anyone has any info (besides what google has to provide) will be helpful.
posted on August 31st, 2013, 2:11 am
:lol:

I thought this was a question about why the borg didn't have any windows on their ships.
posted on August 31st, 2013, 2:23 am
What game are we talking about here? This is in the Small Talk forum, so there's no real hint of what you are trying to do :)
posted on August 31st, 2013, 2:36 am
Dominus_Noctis wrote:What game are we talking about here? This is in the Small Talk forum, so there's no real hint of what you are trying to do :)

I think he means this game, where you physically assault Q.

I haven't tried it for years, but Wikipedia claims it works on Windows 7:
It is also possible to install the game in a VM first and then copy the Borg installation directory from the virtual machine to a computer running Windows XP or Windows 7. This allows these operating systems to play the game, without altering the colour depth options.
posted on September 1st, 2013, 5:54 pm
Sorry for sounding like an ungrateful jerk. Not a good excuse at all I realize this, but I was slightly drunk from a get together. Once again, sorry for being ungrateful. What I meant to say was:

I've never heard of using a VM before to play the game. I'll try it out for sure and see what happens. Thanks!

@Nathan & Dominus, I wrote the title on purpose to make it slightly confusing. It worked I think.