Legends of Pegasus

Want to say something off topic? Something that has nothing to do with Trek? Post it here.
posted on July 6th, 2012, 8:11 pm
Is anyone going to play this game? I think of purchasing it after it has proven not to be a fail. But since Master of Orion 3 I have become very careful about 4X games - even though I love them in general.

Release is set on 10th of August 2012.
posted on July 6th, 2012, 8:51 pm
Never heard of it to be honest.
posted on July 6th, 2012, 8:58 pm
looks possibly like a high def version of galactic civilizations 2
posted on July 6th, 2012, 9:05 pm
i also haven't heard of it. looked it up and watched the trailer, graphics look nice.

i won't be playing it, i don't play 4x. i'm more saints row 3 than master of orion 3, running around stark bollock naked punching police in the balls is more my style.

speaking of getting hit in the balls, this happened today. maybe murray has a winning strategy to take on federer, leave him unable to have any more kids.
posted on July 7th, 2012, 12:25 am
From the look of it, I would say it sounds alot more like Sins of a Solar Empire. Its a RTS/TBS hybrid. And the fact that the first trailer I saw for it says right in the end to leave your sins behind and become a legend seems to be a little jab at Sins of a Solar Empire. If you want a more MOO style game Endless Space just launched on steam, its apparently a modern 4X game fully turn based. I've heard good things about it and am likely gonna pick it up when I get more concrete info on it, as in some more user reviews.
posted on July 7th, 2012, 3:11 pm
Legends of Pegasus is quite like Endless Space. But as far as I read there's no strategic battle going on in Endless Space even though you can customize your ships. Sins was a RTS 4X. Pegasus is turn based and wants to kick Master of Orion 2 from its throne - once again. ;)
posted on July 8th, 2012, 2:54 am
Shril wrote:Legends of Pegasus is quite like Endless Space. But as far as I read there's no strategic battle going on in Endless Space even though you can customize your ships. Sins was a RTS 4X. Pegasus is turn based and wants to kick Master of Orion 2 from its throne - once again. ;)

From what Ive looked at Legends of Pegasus sounds more like SIns then MOO. It says that its a mix of RTS and TBS gameplay, sounds similar to sins to me. Yes sins is techincally a RTS, but the pace makes it feel much more like a TBS style game. Also from the videos Ive watched the battles in Endless Space are similar to how Birth of the Federation handled combat, you enter a system and give orders for how to engage the enemy, but you dont actually directly control your units. Most people I have read reviews on have said Endless Space plays like a modern MOO.
posted on July 8th, 2012, 11:34 pm
Equinox1701e wrote:
Shril wrote:Legends of Pegasus is quite like Endless Space. But as far as I read there's no strategic battle going on in Endless Space even though you can customize your ships. Sins was a RTS 4X. Pegasus is turn based and wants to kick Master of Orion 2 from its throne - once again. ;)

From what Ive looked at Legends of Pegasus sounds more like SIns then MOO. It says that its a mix of RTS and TBS gameplay, sounds similar to sins to me. Yes sins is techincally a RTS, but the pace makes it feel much more like a TBS style game. Also from the videos Ive watched the battles in Endless Space are similar to how Birth of the Federation handled combat, you enter a system and give orders for how to engage the enemy, but you dont actually directly control your units. Most people I have read reviews on have said Endless Space plays like a modern MOO.

A modern MoO? That can't be. Strategic combat is a key element of MoO2 and at least half the fun! Nevertheless, I guess I'll have a look into Endless space aswell. What I wonder also about is if we ever see planet sites and ground combat animations like in MoO. I want to see my planets filling with buildings and life while working out the build queue and order working priorities. First thing I'll do when I'm back in Germany is to have a deep look into Endless Space...
posted on July 8th, 2012, 11:45 pm
I never played MOO so i cant say, but some of the reviews ive seen have compared it to MOO so I guess well see. From what Ive heard BotF was basically the same as MOO, and from what ive seen it looks like Endless Space is very similar to BotF. I am planning to pick it up at some point.
posted on July 9th, 2012, 12:39 pm
If you want to play the best 4X game ever created then get Master of Orion 2 from gog.com. It's 5 € or so. Nothing to loose here. You will not regret even though the graphics are outdated. BotF is similar but doesn't reach MoO2.
posted on July 10th, 2012, 12:44 am
Maybe id have to give it a shot, altho BotF got pretty badass with some mods, Id still play it if it ran worth a shit on my rig, thats the only issue with upgrading :(

Maybe Ill have to put together a older system, slap win 98se on it and get back into BotF.
posted on July 10th, 2012, 2:57 am
You should be able to run Windows 98 in a virtual machine.
posted on July 12th, 2012, 10:41 am
The GOG.com version of Master of Orion offers Win Vista/7 compatibility with DOSBox. Also multiplayer over LAN/VPN is possible with the GOG version. So no need for any type of virtual machine. Just download, install and play.

Yesterday I read a test for Endless Space. While the author said the game is surprisingly good for a first game of a dev studio and could, with some further updates, release MoO2 of it's prime position, the comments are not so good. There is good amount of people who do not support the authors ideas. They really give some valid points. Means - they better wait for Pegasus to be released and then decide. I'll do the same.
posted on July 12th, 2012, 10:18 pm
http://www.gamespot.com/endless-space/r ... w-6386365/

I dunno, this review seems pretty promising, and the average user score is pretty good. Think ill try this one out.
posted on July 13th, 2012, 5:49 pm
Have a good time! And report back plz. Mid August I have to decide which one I will buy. Can't afford 2 games... life as a late student is really hard sometimes... -.- demand is rising, money flow stagnant. :lol: