A Small Plug...

Want to say something off topic? Something that has nothing to do with Trek? Post it here.
posted on June 20th, 2012, 12:54 am
Hey everyone,
As a few of you may already know, last year I did an internship at a little studio called Pixar. I was lucky enough to work on a movie called Brave. In Brave, a skilled archer named Merida defies an age-old custom, causing chaos in her kingdom. It causes a rift in the land and between her and her mother.

Brave is coming out this Friday in the United States and will be released over the next couple of months around the world. Like past Pixar films, Brave is really a great movie that everyone can enjoy and I recommend that all you guys go check it out.

I worked in the Crowds department, so pay close attention to those guys in the background! :thumbsup:
posted on June 20th, 2012, 12:56 am
Cool! Congrats man. :thumbsup: We won't see any klingons in there will we? :woot:
posted on June 20th, 2012, 1:04 am
Very cool the animation is amazing. Congrats.
posted on June 20th, 2012, 1:11 am
Adm. Zaxxon wrote:Cool! Congrats man. :thumbsup: We won't see any klingons in there will we? :woot:

I hope we do although the whole trademark thing could get ugly.
posted on June 20th, 2012, 10:14 am
If you look closely, you can see a small golden Teutoburg Class as a collar...
Nah, just kidding.

Amazing animation! Looking forward to it! :)
posted on June 20th, 2012, 10:23 am
animation looks good, sounds like they made some changes to their animation process to get some better visuals. should be interesting.

billy connolly (quoted in my old sig) sounds like he's doing a shrek impression for his part. they might as well have just hired mike myers.
posted on June 20th, 2012, 12:47 pm
I have been looking forward to this release - Pixar is far and away my favorite movie studio. I had not taken time to look the basic story of this movie and now I won't have to. Thanks. :thumbsup: I will also pay more attention to the crowds.

Also - your avatar picture used to be of a guy with blue paint on his face. I remember because you did the post about the Okinawa class that was your avatar then. I saw that same person in the video clip. Were you using a character picture from Brave as your avatar nearly 2 years ago?
posted on June 20th, 2012, 12:54 pm
derentis wrote:Also - your avatar picture used to be of a guy with blue paint on his face. I remember because you did the post about the Okinawa class that was your avatar then. I saw that same person in the video clip. Were you using a character picture from Brave as your avatar nearly 2 years ago?

Yes, my avatar was a picture of Lord Macintosh from Brave. I don't think it was as far back as two years ago, but yes, I did have that as my avatar for awhile.
posted on June 20th, 2012, 1:27 pm
Zeich wrote:Yes, my avatar was a picture of Lord Macintosh from Brave. I don't think it was as far back as two years ago, but yes, I did have that as my avatar for awhile.

Yes! Got it right. I will now take Harvard History for $800 Alex. :D

The Okinawa post was in September of 2010 and that is where I remembered the image. Are you still working with Pixar?
posted on June 20th, 2012, 1:37 pm
derentis wrote:The Okinawa post was in September of 2010 and that is where I remembered the image. Are you still working with Pixar?

I remember changing my avatar to that when I found out I was going to Pixar for an internship, and that was in April of 2011. So maybe you saw the Okinawa post then.

I am actually at Blue Sky now, the makers of Ice Age and Rio. But who knows what the future will bring ;)
posted on June 20th, 2012, 1:57 pm
Zeich wrote:I remember changing my avatar to that when I found out I was going to Pixar for an internship, and that was in April of 2011. So maybe you saw the Okinawa post then.

I am actually at Blue Sky now, the makers for Ice Age and Rio. But who knows what the future will bring ;)

Now that I think a little more you are correct. I must have gone back and looked at older news posts and saw that avatar. Sorry.