cannot unsubscribe from thread

Post here comments, questions about the board or the site. Found bugs? What you like, what you don't like.
posted on November 6th, 2012, 9:38 pm
Hi,

I am having some difficulty with the forums, I recently added a comment to a forum post and now anytime a new user responds to the post I get an e-mail notification which I did not ask for.

When I follow the link in the e-mail to unsubscribe it says I am unsubscribed but I will still get an e-mail the next time a user responds to the post.

It's getting annoying. Am I not following the correect procedures for un-subscribing?

Thanks everyone!
posted on November 6th, 2012, 10:12 pm
You might have success using the user control panel to unsub.

it's here:
//www.fleetops.net/forums/ucp.php?i=main&mode=subscribed
posted on November 6th, 2012, 10:17 pm
That sounds like that the "Notify me upon replies by default" option enabled is enabled in "Posting defaults" in the user control panel. This automatically subscribes you to every thread you reply to (this can still be disabled individually by unchecking "Notify me when a reply is posted" when posting
If the link in the e-mail doesn't work for some reason. Try this way:
(Instead of 'subscribe', it should say 'unsubscribe')
Hope that helps!

Edit: Ah, yes - thanks Myles. :) This is also a good way to manage subscribtions
posted on November 7th, 2012, 5:29 pm
Great, thanks alot guys! :thumbsup: Guess im still getting used to the new forum functionality :sweatdrop: