Help with Tunngle?

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
posted on December 31st, 2014, 9:42 pm
Hello all, just downloaded Tunngle yesterday and i wanted to see if i have the right set-up.

If i want to play with y'all, do i go to Strategy genre, Star Trek Armada 2: Fleet Operations chat room? And then if someone comes on to Tunngle chat, we then coordinate a game on Fleet Ops itself? Fleet Ops says Player List and Lobby Chat are not available, but presumably we would see a game list, if someone had started a game?

Let me know if anyone wants to play a game today, i'll be online for a few hours. But i've never played online, or against anything other than AI, so i may need to be tutored, haha.

Thanks,

Tim
posted on January 1st, 2015, 10:10 am
Hi,

i can show you around...., i ll be in chat room, just type when you come.
posted on January 2nd, 2015, 2:48 pm
Thanks very much for the offer, sadly by the time i saw this post it was too late; hopefully i'll still catch someone some time soon!
posted on January 2nd, 2015, 4:09 pm
Hey again all.

First, thanks to those of you who greeted me very warmly today on Tunngle and tried to get me into a game. You guys were great, and i really appreciated your patience.

Second... Holy shitballs, Tunngle fucking sucks dockey ass.

Twice i got an error message in German that caused my computer to lock up and Fleet Operations to lock me out. I speak four languages, but German is not one of them, so i cannot tell you what this error message was about, nor could i screenshot or copy-and-paste, due to the lock-out. Anyone ever have experiences like this? Any tips on how to solve it? Any altrenatives to Tunngle i can use to play online with you folks, since Tunngle seems ridiculously buggy?

I couldn't get into a game because then i had some issue with port connectivity? This hadn't been an issue before, i had a Green smiley face when i first logged in, but then it became a yellow :I face after my second German error message. Some of the folks in chat suggested my firewalls were causing problems?

I don't think so... Maybe that was it, but I didn't have port issues at first, so unless i don't understand something about Tunngle, i don't see why my firewall settings would change after 40 mins to cause port connectivity.

Anyone have similar issues in the past? Anyone have tips on what to do about this?

Any help would be appreciated,

Tim
posted on January 2nd, 2015, 9:26 pm
1. firewall , add exeption in setings of firewall
2. antivirus, add exeption in setings of antivirus
3. use clean instal of fo , no mods
4. try diferent version of tungle, may be infected or bugged

good luck. :assimilate:
posted on January 3rd, 2015, 12:41 pm
Haha, i will be assimilated.

Thanks, i'll look at my firewalls again.

In the meantime, could someone offer a link to the best, least buggy version of tunngle?
posted on January 3rd, 2015, 5:47 pm
i am using tungle 5.0, personaly one before was better but its not supported any more 5,0 works adequatly.

http://www.tunngle.net/en/download