Why is noone ever on?

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
posted on June 3rd, 2014, 9:26 pm
Every time I log into multiplayer I never see anyone. Cept people with outdated clients and the darkness. Hopefully I start seeing more people cause this game seems like it would be a lot of fun. Hope I can play with some people.
posted on June 3rd, 2014, 11:39 pm
if you only see people with yellow clients, they're probably not using outdated clients, they're using Tryptic's Mod. It's my attempt to continue balance tweaking the game while the devs work on their long-term NX project. Here's a link:

//www.fleetops.net/forums/modifica ... 32#p200632

The best way to find people is to get on Teamspeak 3 using this address: 213.218.178.124:9990

People sometimes sit there AFK for a long time in case a game starts up.
posted on June 4th, 2014, 12:57 am
Thnx ;) but he has been sitting for more than a hour. I did find some1 but I must be unlucky that most of the player base is European. Oh well. Ill just have to find some people that play late at night over there. Still it would be nice to be able to play back to back games. Ill go look at teamspeak now.
posted on June 4th, 2014, 1:08 am
Oh I forgot my mic broke :sweatdrop: so is there a normal chat message thing in teamspeak
posted on June 4th, 2014, 1:15 pm
Hawk wrote:Oh I forgot my mic broke :sweatdrop: so is there a normal chat message thing in teamspeak

Yup, you can also do offline messaging.
For team games it's rather mandatory, people hate to type all the time.

Usually on the weekends there's way more going on, even at rather late hours.
posted on June 5th, 2014, 3:27 am
yeah, I get on at 5-6pm (US Central) and all the EU guys are approaching midnight. Then some of them stay up till 2 and keep playing :lol:

And don't worry about not having a mic, the important thing is your name showing up and being able to hear other people. Also you can poke people which makes a sound on their computer, that's very useful.
posted on August 20th, 2014, 5:44 am
This game is dead until the new version comes out.
posted on August 22nd, 2014, 2:30 am
Eh, I don't know. We've had regular games lately even though there aren't too many people on. Last weekend we had 15 on Tunngle and played three 8-player games not counting a few that didn't last very long. I've been releasing Tryptic's Mod updates every few weeks, and now Defiant is adding new textures to the mix.

You should come join us sometime :D
posted on August 22nd, 2014, 10:06 am
It's been a while, but I should. What time are you guys usually on (UTC)?
posted on August 24th, 2014, 10:11 pm
i will be comming online again after a large absense from the online comunity (alphaalpha/ransomalpha/alan60) tryptic loving the mod btw and wouldnt mind helping with livefire tests (tho ull kick my ass lol)

im normaly around between 1800 -0300 gmt
posted on November 17th, 2017, 2:33 am
We have about 6 people that play and are looking for more.
Would love to battle with you and your group.

Message me here at Fleetops, or
add me on Steam "FooFighter360" (Steam is the best way to make contact)

I can play weekdays after 6 pm and pretty much every weekend. Central Time USA.
or if you have another messaging program you want to use message me back here.

FooFighter

We can help you get the game setup and all that.
posted on November 18th, 2017, 1:50 am
I've been meaning to make a forum post going into detail on how one gets Fleetops to work with Windows 10. You need to go into control panel and turn on legacy features, in particular Direct Play. Actually someone already did this for me! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qgcFpxUNBg

Also, I was thinking of hosting a tournament. That might get people to come back!