Tunngle Not Connecting

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
posted on September 1st, 2012, 9:32 pm
First time trying to get online in a while and all of a sudden, Tunngle doesn't work anymore. Oh the application runs up just fine, but it cannot establish it's connection anymore. How do I fix that?
posted on September 1st, 2012, 11:26 pm
TChapman500 wrote:First time trying to get online in a while and all of a sudden, Tunngle doesn't work anymore. Oh the application runs up just fine, but it cannot establish it's connection anymore. How do I fix that?

You got any error messages from tunngle?

have you changed anything in your network recently? cold rebooted a NAT router? reinstalled OS or used system restore (or similar tools)?
posted on September 2nd, 2012, 12:33 am
Myles wrote:You got any error messages from tunngle?

It simply says that it cannot connect to the Tunngle server.

Myles wrote:have you changed anything in your network recently?

Actually, a few months ago I deleted all of the ports relevant to Tunngle from the router.

Myles wrote:cold rebooted a NAT router?

It's been rebooted before without any problems.

Myles wrote:reinstalled OS or used system restore (or similar tools)?

Nope. Besides, I can't. I would have to re-purchase rFactor after doing so.
posted on September 2nd, 2012, 12:54 am
TChapman500 wrote:Actually, a few months ago I deleted all of the ports relevant to Tunngle from the router

well, that would be where i'd look first. i presume by "deleting ports" you mean you deleted port forwarding rules. did you use tunngle after deleting the rules? if this is the first time you've tried using tunngle since deleting the rules from the router, then add them back, they were needed. if you've used tunngle since the deletion without problems, i'd try readding them anyway, couldn't hurt. personally i don't use port forwarding rules myself, as tunngle works without them, so it's possible that this isn't the problem. but it's worth investigating.
posted on September 3rd, 2012, 11:13 am
I'm just going to reinstall Tunngle.
posted on September 3rd, 2012, 11:26 am
TChapman500 wrote:I'm just going to reinstall Tunngle.

worth a try, it should delete and replace the tunngle adapter. if it gives you an option to remove the adapter on uninstall, do so.
posted on September 4th, 2012, 11:52 pm
I had a similar problem and found that re-installing was the only way to fix it.

Also tunngle seems to have more issues in Windows 8 than it does in Windows 7.
posted on September 5th, 2012, 4:46 pm
I'm on Windows XP.