any one want a game?

Here you can arrange online encounters and reminisce over past online battles.
1, 2, 3
NieKnight
Topic Starter
posted on June 5th, 2003, 8:19 pm
no one wanted a game then??? :cry: :cry: :cry:
posted on June 16th, 2003, 7:01 pm
i do
posted on June 16th, 2003, 7:44 pm
SURE WOULD LOVE TOO.......................YOU CAN REACH ME MOST OF THE TIME ON MSN MESSENGER..........RJBDBEAR0700@HOTMAIL.......AND WE CAN SET UP A TIME I PLAY ON GAME SPY WITH UN MODDED ARMADA 2................LTR
posted on June 16th, 2003, 8:59 pm
AND WE CAN SET UP A TIME I PLAY ON GAME SPY WITH UN MODDED ARMADA 2

this thread is not meant to be used for unmodded armada 2 :lol:

DOCa Cola
posted on June 22nd, 2003, 4:19 am
Eh... I haven't really played Armada II online before, although I can. It is kinda a hassle for me to dig out the CD again and pop it in just so I know I won't get some sort of sync error (yes, I got NoCD running on Armada II and the mod, despite the executiable being renamed, but I can restore at a moments notice if I have a problem with the game or if I play it online. Yeah, don't kill me for using NoCD, I don't want to have yet another retail disk turn into a coaster! That can be REALLY annoying at times... =<).

I just have two questions though... first off will a 56k connection over the internet allow gameplay? I played a strategy game that could be played over the internet... interesting idea, it slowed down gameplay to accomidate the slower transfer rate... um... gah. A second quesiton, this is more for when I will eventually LAN play at college (this mod should convince people to load Armada II back on), how does Voice over IP (VoIP) work in this game? I have it on, but as far as I can tell, I don't see anything new in the interface allowing for VoIP, other than in the settings area. Assuming I can get it to work, how will it murder my connection, with a 56 k modem even, with the other players?

Anywho, I guess I am up for a game, if you want to face a laggy modem player who most likely can get easily beaten because they never bothered to play online with Armada II before... up to you.
posted on June 22nd, 2003, 9:01 am
First, good to know that NoCD Patches work :lol:

a 56k connection should be enough, i haven't tested it, to be honest, i never have played armada online either :D
voice over network (enabled) works as soon as you join any game, you then have a small (v) in front of your name and all other ppl in the game can hear you as soon as you talk in your mic :) there is nothing more to do

Happy gaming ^_^
posted on June 22nd, 2003, 3:02 pm
First, good to know that NoCD Patches work :lol:

Don't worry... I'm not saying how it works, nor where the files are, nor anything else about it.

It's all good.
posted on August 7th, 2003, 5:34 pm
lol well what i was saying was that i havent been able to play fleet operations with anyone on line yet....i would love too and again my email is posted and if anyone would like to please feel free and for some reason i guess that was misunderstood..........thanks
NieKnight
Topic Starter
posted on August 9th, 2003, 1:39 pm
k
posted on August 9th, 2003, 3:22 pm
hopefully the uk gamer thing will help
NieKnight
Topic Starter
posted on August 9th, 2003, 3:32 pm
yeah that should get the tourenment going by the way will the addey be menshend???
posted on August 9th, 2003, 6:20 pm
I think the best thing is if we nail down a date and time for STA2FO games and also a syntax to locate people playing the game. Something like STA2FO_Game1 or alike. Eitherways, if a date and time is set, at least people can show up at that date and time online to see if anybody wants to play.

Good idea?
posted on August 15th, 2004, 7:34 pm
no
posted on August 16th, 2004, 12:32 pm
I want do ply online too, just ICQ or MSN me
posted on August 16th, 2004, 12:39 pm
Welcome to the forums Thrawn, and to my nightmare :lol: Same for me, i'm on alot although i'd perfer to wait for version 3.
1, 2, 3