Voice of the Star Empire

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2, 3
posted on May 24th, 2015, 9:00 pm
Greetings from the High Command - please tune in to listen to some important announcements from our stalwart Romulan captains!

Read full article...
posted on May 26th, 2015, 6:57 am
This Is Amazing !
I especially like the "Generix Cruiser" , "Generix Specter" and "Romulan Convoy" voiceovers !
But the "Cehlaer Warbird" voiceover is good too !...
For some reason i especially like the "Romulan Convoy" voiceover !...
The way the actor say his lines is absolutely amazing !...

EDIT - Oh, and the progress the "Dev Team" made on the "Further NX development" is absolutely amazing too !... :thumbsup:
posted on May 26th, 2015, 8:13 pm
Good to see some progress and those voices sound amazing. :thumbsup:
posted on May 27th, 2015, 1:33 am
G R E A T work people :-D
posted on May 27th, 2015, 12:56 pm
nice to see another update,
you mentioned a new interface, is it going to be put on the right hand side rather than on the bottom of the screen (like red alert games) or like armada did it?
posted on May 27th, 2015, 11:55 pm
Nice work guys!
posted on May 28th, 2015, 10:02 am
great work as always guys!

I believe it will be on the left side, a bit like Sins Of a Solar Empire
posted on May 28th, 2015, 4:17 pm
Nice work on the Generix Cruiser,Generix Specter,Romulan Convoy very nice work on them.

As for the Cehlaer Warbird there not very good well just what i think anyways

Keep up the hard work Dev Team

P,S hope we don't need wait 4 months for a bit of news again.
posted on May 28th, 2015, 4:22 pm
NewBigNub_MM wrote:Nice work on the Generix Cruiser,Generix Specter,Romulan Convoy very nice work on them.

As for the Cehlaer Warbird there not very good well just what i think anyways

Keep up the hard work Dev Team

P,S hope we don't need wait 4 months for a bit of news again.

I do actually agree with the Cehlaer Warbird comment, I can't quite say what it is but just feels to hitch pitched or whinny to be someone in charge of such a warbird, sounds more ferengi than romulan
posted on May 28th, 2015, 5:22 pm
I think it don't sound like a Romulan and i don't think all of them is what a Romulan would say or maybe how they would say it.
I DON'T KNOW lol what dose the rest of you lot think.
posted on May 28th, 2015, 11:10 pm
As much as I LOVE FleetOps, I'm sad to say I really disapprove of the new/existing voices (ei: not armada 2 voices)... I feel they're a little too chatty. Like when moving units around, there's always one guy that just won't shut up, and it gets old FAST.
Simple "Yes Sir!" "Moving out!" clips are short, simple, and to the point.
I realize there's a desire for immersion/personality to your units other than cannon-fodder, but it feels so... fanfiction, if you catch my meaning.

Note; in no way am I saying that the team has done anything but a SUPERB job on FleetOps all these years! Keep up the good work, and continue to give us the Star Trek gaming experience we all desire! :D
posted on June 1st, 2015, 4:36 pm
This not right place for this i guess but dose anyone know if Fleet ops will work on windows 10 as i'm going be geting it soon as it a free upgrade for me.
posted on June 1st, 2015, 7:48 pm
considering it is being made for directx 11, I see no reason why it wouldn't work on Windows 10 which will fully support directx 11 and of course more importantly 12...

Also windows 10 really isn't a major difference from windows 8, they are architecturally quite similar unlike XP to Windows Vista/7/8 Which took the drivers out of the kernal and changed the way windows interfaced with programs and I believe 16bit app support was eventually dropped.

Though I'm no technical wizard so could be talking poop but I'm pretty sure I'm not ;)

I've been using the Technical Previews and the performance of Direct X in games is better than on windows 8 despite how poor the drivers are from AMD/NVidia at the moment.
posted on June 2nd, 2015, 6:53 pm
Yes i know that Win 10 not a big change from win 8 and i was talking of 3.2.7 not the NX as you can still get a game or 2 a week on 3.2.7 if your a lucky man.

P.S NX will need to run on Win 13 by time comes out :D
posted on June 2nd, 2015, 10:02 pm
well I installed 3.2.7 on an earlier build of the Windows 10 Preview and it was fine. Of course AMD drivers still provide some graphic issues but actually found a way to fix most of those on windows 8.1 and same works for windows 10. Just requires creating a custom application profile in catalyst.

Oh by the way, Windows 10 is the last release of Windows (at least for now), they will from here on out be providing regular updates and feature packs so it will be long before Windows 13 and also I would be so pessimistic, they are working hard and for free. Got plenty of games and study to keep me busy in the mean time ;)
1, 2, 3