The future of Fleet Operations

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
posted on November 18th, 2014, 12:49 am
i almost feel like i should insist jan take 1 hour to play a game of something. :P that sounds like a lot of work.

interesting read tho thanks for taking the time posting that :thumbsup: even tho it meant you didnt get done what you wanted to.

and dominus that was also really interesting thanks.

tho i can understand why you dont post this stuff that often
posted on November 18th, 2014, 1:29 am
But its nice that they did for once and gave us some info on what's going on i hope they keep it up.
posted on November 26th, 2014, 2:44 am
Could we have something like semi-monthly updates like what we had here and here? I know that doing such things will slow down the actual progress, but I think that having the updates on what's going on are well worth the extra waiting time.
posted on November 26th, 2014, 7:39 am
Thank you for your time and effort! :) The community needs information updates like this! -_-

P.S. You can hate me all you want for insisting for a information updates... :cry:

With great respect and admiration - STFB
posted on November 27th, 2014, 5:29 pm
TChapman500 and stfb it was not easy for me to get them to talk about fleet ops i took a lot of shit first of people

but any ways on what chapman500 said about monthly updates im not sure how much news they could tell us month by month but it be nice if they did something like that or even every 2months i am hoping that next update like that last one they gave us will come some time in (LATE) january and then once every month or 2 month as people say

_____The community needs information updates like this_______

Well that's all for now thanks for reading

~STAR~ Master Prodigy PRO
posted on November 29th, 2014, 8:18 pm
Hi there!
I am really impressed with the enormous commitment of the developers and designers. The progress reports leave an impression of a huge forward momentum, which is not easy to sustain with so much work ahead. Having worked on larger program projects myself I am familiar with the risk of losing the initial momentum, but your posts - thank you Jan and Dominus - create a lot of confidence in your success. And yes, there are FO-fans out there that actually understand the excitement of having rotating spheres ;)

Best wishes!
mimesot
posted on December 9th, 2014, 10:04 am
Dominus_Noctis wrote:Thanks Jan, you of course did not have to make such a nice detailed description of the EZ team's hard work :thumbsup:

To contribute very briefly to the NX side of things (at least the biggest parts):

The team recently completed work on repair queues and waypoint usage, including quite a lot of work on pathing. Physics (push/pull system) was completed some time ago and is working quite nicely. Also the network infrastructure is working, though as the game gets more complex, it will need more work. Altogether this means we have placeholder ships, via a placeholder render, moving around the map, using physics, and able to use nice waypoints to get to repair facilities (or other destinations) - and have multiple people from different computers control these.

Optec is currently working on pathing and also wants to work on the architecture for weapons soon. Doca is working on implementing construction, including worker bees, which involves setting up how hardpoint work (which ties back into weapons). I'm working on voiceovers. Once NX becomes more self-contained, I'll shift time over to work on testing/breaking features. Zeich is working on modeling and texturing our new ships.

We are all very pleased with the speed of development. We have made great progress and have hit, what we consider our milestones, on time.

Our internal videos, although they look 'great' to us, will look like crap to you. They are all placeholders, designed to show just that something works and that the architecture is sound. We have no good-looking art assets in game, even if we are working on good looking assets for later. Integration comes near the end of development. We're not a modification anymore, where we have a ready made game with physics, fancy render, etc, all built up and just requiring plug and play. We've said it time and time again, but art integration isn't what we focus our attention on first - even while we were working on A2-FO, we integrated art only late in development.

Clearly you're in the Whitebox stage then. Quite impressed to hear you've got all this done on a fan made project where you can only devote free time to.

Keep it up guys. :D
posted on December 23rd, 2014, 12:19 pm
Jan wrote:
>>
>> You really desperately want to have an update on what is going on behind the scenes?
>>

You're right Jan: There is a F E W (read: about 2% -> 5%) here at fleetops.net that "D E S P E R A T E L Y want to know what Is going on Behind The Scenes".

Jan & Dominus_Noctis wrote:
>>
>> Trust me, from our side, there is nothing we could show you (well, maybe those rotating spheres...)
>>
>> Our internal videos, although they look 'great' to us, will look like crap to you. They are all placeholders, designed
>> to show just that something works and that the architecture is sound. We have no good-looking art assets in
>> game, even if we are working on good looking assets for later.
>>

What I meant with: "It would be Great to see what Your new Engine (ezEngine) can Do / Perform." was that I wanted to see some Gameplay-Videos of what You have done so far of Your upcoming FO 4.x with Your new game-engine / technique / tools.

Here It also is My hope that You will indclude Us FO-fans in the Beta-Testing of Your upcoming FO 4.x, When that time comes.

Again: Please take the Time You need to make things work Properly instead of hurrying an only half-working release as Microsoft did with Windows Vista & Please keep up A L L Your good work at Your >>Fleet Operations<< Project.

Best Regards from a “Die-Hard” Fleet Operations Fan.
posted on August 20th, 2016, 4:13 pm
Is there a link where I can see an update on this?

You guys are awesome so I know you been working on this.
posted on August 20th, 2016, 6:37 pm
JCarrill0 wrote:Is there a link where I can see an update on this?

As is their preference, the Fleet Ops team has been pretty much silent.

The most recent comments I know by the eZengine team are here: //www.fleetops.net/forums/news/beh ... 5?start=30
posted on August 20th, 2016, 7:00 pm
MadHatter wrote:
JCarrill0 wrote:Is there a link where I can see an update on this?

As is their preference, the Fleet Ops team has been pretty much silent.

The most recent comments I know by the eZengine team are here: //www.fleetops.net/forums/news/behind-the-scenes-ezengine-12715?start=30

Thank you for the reply.
posted on August 21st, 2016, 8:00 pm
Fleet Ops Dev Team silent is how they roll
posted on October 8th, 2016, 10:53 pm
Hey Guys
loved to play FleetOps single and Multiplayer Games
It would be nice to know where FleetOps is standing right now? Will be there a Patch 3.2.8? or 4.0.0?
Its sad there are no news any more since a long time.
Please tell me and the other guys whats up :thumbsup:
posted on October 15th, 2016, 2:03 pm
Well, Blade and I were making a mod for the 4.0 loader that had 3.2.7 gameplay. However, I was unable to continue the project and I don't know if Blade has continued it or not.

On the topic of Fleet Operations, it's getting a slight engine upgrade. The next version of Fleet Operations will be "Fleet Operations: NX." The 4.0 loader has been left in its Beta state forever so that the devs can work on NX.
posted on October 15th, 2016, 3:21 pm
The original developers are working on an entirely new engine that will let them do some pretty fantastic things (and fix some bugs that have plagued the Armada II engine for 15 years :lol: ) However this project sounds like it will take them at least another year to complete.

If you want to try out some new Fleet Ops in the meantime, I've created Tryptic's Mod which is kind of like a Fleet Ops 3.2.8 and onward. Now, since I'm only 1 person my balance changes are sometimes super overpowered or underpowered until I get a chance to even them out properly, but after working on it for a few years I have added significant content to the game.

Check it out here:

https://www.fleetops.net/forums/modsinp ... -2-5-13023

and here:

https://www.fleetops.net/forums/modsinp ... elog-13010

If you're interested, check it out and give me some feedback for the next version :thumbsup:
1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10