Fleet Operations 3.2.7

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2
posted on October 22nd, 2012, 1:36 am
I played an instant action using version 3.2.7 on the Da'ka Corridor map today. I was unable to complete the game because the victory screen did not appear after the apparent removal of all opponents. The map editor appeared to indicate that items belonging to opponent teams remained after corresponding elements had been destroyed. The intelligence center function did not work properly either. Neither of these problems were experienced by me when using previous versions.
posted on October 22nd, 2012, 2:09 am
Feel free to upload a saved game next time :)
posted on October 22nd, 2012, 7:44 am
The uxtheme.dll bug was basically a game-breaking crash that would occur whenever FleetOps or the Unofficial Patch was run.
posted on October 22nd, 2012, 10:20 pm
I'll try to get Tunngle working in Linux again.
posted on October 23rd, 2012, 12:11 am
So far so good, thanks guys!
posted on October 30th, 2012, 10:40 am
Has anyone else experienced a glitch where the mouse stops working midgame?
posted on October 30th, 2012, 3:49 pm
Yes, that's usually due to the ancient render. We have a fix in the works :)
posted on October 23rd, 2014, 6:12 am
Hi, I guess i'm a bit late on this but I recently found my star trek armada 1 disk and decided to play again but I found I could not get it to work on my newer computer. After hours of looking on line and patching I hit a road block until I found this website. It seems that this patch is very successful and has allowed people to play armada 1 on new computers so I thought I would give it a shot. Well after reading the description which says "A previous instillation of fleet Operations or Armada II is NOT required. " I got really excited. Once I downloaded the patch I could not install it because I was prompted to show proof that I had a copy of star trek 2 armada. Did I read the description wrong or am I just doing something wrong? Please help. I'm pretty sure I no longer have my old copy of star trek armada 2 and I would rather avoid spending another 100+ dollars on it just to play armada 1.
posted on October 23rd, 2014, 1:13 pm
What you posted is a bit confusing, but Fleet Ops is not a patch for anything. It's a complete game that's a modification of Star Trek Armada 2. Star Trek Armada 1 will not work in or with Fleet Ops.

And yes, to play Star Trek Armada 2 you either have to have the original disk or already have it installed on your computer for the install to read the executable.
posted on October 23rd, 2014, 1:59 pm
To add to what Rifraf said, the FO team did release a v1.3 patch for A1 that added widescreen support and allowed it to run on Windows Vista and newer. Since the A1 installer works just fine, you can install the game and then run the patch.
posted on October 27th, 2014, 12:52 pm
Hey steakuums!

Welcome aboard! If you want to play the first release of Star Trek Armada you may try this one here:

http://www.moddb.com/games/star-trek-ar ... 13-project

However, since you found the way to Fleet Operations I recommend to have a look on what Fleet Ops can offer to you in contrast to Armada I. It could make you want to play Fleet Ops instead. Just evaluate yourself and watch some replays:

http://guide.fleetops.net/video

To install Fleet Operations you don't necessarily need a CD anymore. Just create a folder with an "Armada2.exe" fake-file in it (e.g. by creating a text-file and rename it to "Armada2.exe"). The installer will use this file to install the whole game into this folder. Now you will be able to execute Fleet Operations and reach the main menu. However, to actually play a skirmish you need a Armada 2 copy to launch the game. So if anyone you know still owns a copy you may get your hands on that one. It will be worth it! Even though it may be scratched, it should be enough to launch a skirmish.

To download Fleet Ops and Sound:

//www.fleetops.net/download
1, 2