The Starbase

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2, 3
posted on March 12th, 2013, 8:58 pm
Saw this picture online and I think that this looks more romulan-ish as opposed to the original which kind of looks similar to the Klingon (both star shape) what do you guys think? :)

Dominus you wrote this in your article - "cloaked starbase-like D’deridex?"

I'm intrigued about the big D, just don't feel that your statement doesn't fit the big D? as you obviously know more about the game was wondering if you would enlighten me about this? am I missing something? :thumbsup:

Attachments

Romulan warbird and starbase.png
idea for new design for Romulan starbase?
Romulan warbird and starbase.png (272.75 KiB) Viewed 1122 times
posted on March 13th, 2013, 3:32 am
Just meaning that the D'deridex has usually been portrayed as a truly enormous and formidable starship - the Romulans use them to control their borders in the series :) .

I have to say that starbase looks rather like our favorite mushroom, just painted green ;)
posted on March 13th, 2013, 4:48 am
@M4stErG: I think I've seen that Rimulan starbase in the Star Trek Enterprise missions in Star Trek Legacy for the Romulan Star Empire and I also think that it might be in Star Trek Online as well.
posted on March 13th, 2013, 9:13 am
Je_mezu24 wrote:@M4stErG: I think I've seen that Rimulan starbase in the Star Trek Enterprise missions in Star Trek Legacy for the Romulan Star Empire and I also think that it might be in Star Trek Online as well.

yep, that design is from legacy. explains why it's not very good. i don't know if sto copied it as well.
posted on March 13th, 2013, 1:39 pm
Pretty sure most Federation Starbases in STO are at least similar to that.
posted on March 13th, 2013, 3:02 pm
cheers for the reply guys, I thought the starbase looked pretty awesome and wondered what you guys thought?

Dominus that sounds all fair enough but I was just wondering the optimum way to use the big D?....When I use them I seem to find them to be weak and are genreally picked off with ease especially for them being "enormous and formidable" ...
any reply s greatly appreciated guys! just trying to better myself with the romulans :) :thumbsup:
posted on March 13th, 2013, 3:21 pm
M4stErG wrote:I was just wondering the optimum way to use the big D?....When I use them I seem to find them to be weak and are genreally picked off with ease especially for them being "enormous and formidable" ...
any reply s greatly appreciated guys! just trying to better myself with the romulans :) :thumbsup:

practice. the big d is very tough, and has a special that requires little effort for its benefit, and scales well with larger fleets, even if it is boring. what gives it an edge is a free cloak.

big d can take lots of fire and still cloak successfully, fleets have to get really big before the big d can't cloak out. the norexan is designed for huge damage output, getting lots of kills on small enemy ships. the big d is designed for surviving battles and destroying anything medium or big. the big d is more generalist than the norexan.
1, 2, 3