The future of Fleet Operations

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
posted on June 26th, 2014, 4:45 pm
Absolutely fantastic news! I don't post anymore but check in every few months. Really looking forward to see what the NX Game looks like! :)
posted on August 12th, 2014, 8:06 pm
This is most excellent.... was starting to get worried that my all time favorite was just gonna fade away...... Thanks to all the people that work on this for us..... I'm not a software guy .... so ... not much help... but i do mod when i have time.... and i hope when it does get released i can showoff a few ideas I've been working on........
posted on August 19th, 2014, 9:28 pm
Excited. looking forward to V.4
Keep up the good work guys.
john
posted on October 19th, 2014, 10:43 pm
Last edited by Mufasa on October 23rd, 2014, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some of MY "Crazy" wished / suggestions to "The Future of Fleet Operations" :

1.: If You have not already done it, then please “Join Forces” with The People behind the armada2.filefront.com Web-page & The People behind the “Star Trek Armada 3 Mod” for Sins of a Solar Empire, so You can exchange Materials, Knowledge & Experience with each other.

If You ALL have “Joined Forces” with Each Other, then please make it Official.

2.: Also post News / Reports on Facebook too. The People behind the “Star Trek Armada 3 Mod” for Sins of a Solar Empire is already doing that.

3.: Begin to make Video-News instead of Your present Text-News on Your Web-page & Facebook. Similar to what The People behind the “ST Armada 3 Mod” for Sins of a Solar Empire is doing on “Mod DB”.

i.e.: It would be Great to see what Your new Engine (ezEngine) can Do / Perform.

4.: Go / Move away from the “Star Trek” Brand / Franchise so you also can have Fractions / Races from Other Sci-Fi shows too. Here it would be Fun to play i.e. as “The Asgard”, “The Goauld” or as “The Empire”.

5.: Incorporate as much as you Can of ALL the UN-official MODS / Patches / Upgrades / Updates / Technologies from Both the armada2.filefront.com Web-page & The “Star Trek Armada 3 Mod” for Sins of a Solar Empire into Your new & upcomming Version 4 of >>Fleet Operations<<.

6.: Make it possible to have up to 8 (Eight) or more different races instead of keeping Yourself limited to 5 (five) races only. And also make it possible to have the Double numbers of Players as there are Races / Fractions, so you can do a “Double Skirmish” when you're playing alone agaist / with The Computer.

7.: Make it possible to simulate A L L The Battles (read: The BIG Battles) from the TV-Series in >>Fleet Operations<<.

8.: Re-Create the games “Star Trek Armada” & “Star Trek Armada 2” with Your new Engine / Technique from >>Fleet Operations<<. Here it also would be G R E A T if You would incorporate as much as you Can of ALL the UN-official MODS / Patches / Upgrades / Updates / Technologies from Both the armada2.filefront.com Web-page & The “Star Trek Armada 3 Mod” for Sins of a Solar Empire into Both games, and then you should sell them Each on GOG.com – under the name(s) “Armada” & “Armada 2” or under the name(s) “Ez Armada” & “Ez Armada 2” or ….. - for $5.99 each.

9.: Get AMD & nVidia to create a Profile for Your Game(s).

-------------------------------------

I'm Sorry if I sound TOO demanding: My head is SOO Full of “Crazy” ideas.

Please take the time you need to make things work properly instead of hurrying an only half-working release – as Microsoft did with Windows Vista.

Personally I am now over the ages of 35, so I – personally - no longer expect things to appear magically, In a hurry or over night.

Anyway: Please keep up A L L Your good work at Your >>Fleet Operations<< Project.

Best Regards from a “Die-Hard” Fleet Operations Fan.

P.s.: While I'm waiting for Your next release or your new version of Fleet Operations (choose for Yourself), then I'm playing the “Star Trek Armada 3 Mod” for Sins of a Solar Empire !!! :-D
posted on October 20th, 2014, 1:29 am
Just a small thing, you can already have 8 races in Armada II/FleetOps, they just didn't add that many. Some mods do.
posted on October 21st, 2014, 1:26 am
Squire James wrote:Just a small thing, you can already have 8 races in Armada II/FleetOps, they just didn't add that many. Some mods do.

I thought the limit was 14 races. 16 minus one for spectator and one for Ferengi.
posted on October 21st, 2014, 7:20 pm
Quite possibly, I was merely addressing the idea of having 8 races. :)
posted on October 22nd, 2014, 8:49 pm
Great news for all Fleet Operations community !... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
posted on November 17th, 2014, 3:04 pm
DOCa Cola {So, before this newspost gets too long: We are really proud of you, all of you and those that stuck with us for so long! We started as a small mod and now we are rapidly building toward a real stand-alone game. In the times to come, we will let you participate in development as much as we can. Some news posts might get a bit more technical, as we plan to shed some light on the coding we do. We will definitely talk a lot about the new Game Mechanics we are going to implement. We will show off models and graphics for new rendering systems, rather than the ancient (and quite ugly!) Armada II rendering, which could never really live up to the material Zeich produces!}

I like to know when this is going to happen its been 8 months now since this post.
posted on November 17th, 2014, 6:59 pm
NewBigNub_MM wrote:I like to know when this is going to happen its been 8 months now since this post.

When they feel like it. The Fleet Ops team has never been keen on continuous communication, partially because elements of the Fleet Ops community seems overly keen on continuous complaining.
posted on November 17th, 2014, 7:08 pm
Mods rarely have deadlines, and it is even more rare for them to actually be done by the deadline. They're not getting paid to do this 40 hours a week, after all, nor do they have 100+ people on the team. We simply need to be patient and wait for news, while keeping in mind that it may be a couple years because this is a freaking huge project.
posted on November 17th, 2014, 8:08 pm
You don't need more then 8 months to show us something where people get this from what you want us to wait 1year per info you fucking mad lol and i know they do it for free would people stop saying that they started a mod people are going to ask about it and not for 99% of people to say they do it for free we ALL KNOW THIS
posted on November 17th, 2014, 8:10 pm
NewBigNub_MM wrote:I like to know when this is going to happen its been 8 months now since this post.

When it's done.

Stop whining.
posted on November 17th, 2014, 8:13 pm
This is not the only mod in world where people work for free on it but they started a mod people going to ask thing
posted on November 17th, 2014, 8:18 pm
Asking is fine. Throwing a tantrum, whining about how this is the worst dev team around, and arguing with every other member of the forum because you don't like the answer is NOT fine. Stop it.
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10