Spread Your Wings

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
posted on January 29th, 2012, 12:33 pm
MrXT wrote:I hope this means an end to laheval spam.

Dominus has been saying for ages that in the next patch the Laheval will be changed with its specials removed, effectively end its current role as a super awesome killing machine :'(
posted on January 29th, 2012, 10:44 pm
That sound cool! :thumbsup:
posted on January 30th, 2012, 2:45 am
Awww I LIKE my uberkiller machines  :lol:
posted on January 31st, 2012, 7:45 pm
This can not get to my harddrive fast enough.:(
posted on February 8th, 2012, 3:30 pm
Was catching back up and read this post...and I drool.  Minefields?!  I actually get to build chokepoints where my enemy is forced to either brave the mines, or move straight into the teeth of my plasma torpedoes and disruptors?

Please tell me the mines aren't short-lived.  I'd love it if they're permanant or long-term expendable assets on the battlefield, so that a dedicated Romulan commander can lay an intricate maze of mines around a key area, or even, if desperate, fully entrench to protect the last of their mining while they try to tip the scales away from otherwise certain defeat.
posted on February 8th, 2012, 5:25 pm
The mines we had previously (I honestly don't know if they're in here or not) last forever.  But they were more for protecting an area, and it was prohibitively difficult to do complex things like building mazes.
posted on February 8th, 2012, 8:54 pm
mines will work differently (and a lot cooler ;D) than the antimatter mines in armada2. But yep, we intend them to be permanent until they are triggered or otherwise removed
posted on February 8th, 2012, 8:58 pm
Yay!  I shall keep a D'deridex or two cloaked near my minefields to mop up survivors!  Now I just need a way to put thousands of plasma torpedoes on a moon!

:D
posted on February 8th, 2012, 9:04 pm
Hey, that's no moon...
posted on February 8th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Optec wrote:or otherwise removed

Ahh, will it be possible to target them to allow for minesweeping?
posted on February 8th, 2012, 9:49 pm
MadHatter wrote:Ahh, will it be possible to target them to allow for minesweeping?

or maybe an ability will affect them. such as point defence phaser or a deflector pulse technobabble wave.
posted on February 8th, 2012, 10:16 pm
yep, there will be ways to remove mines for every faction
posted on February 8th, 2012, 10:45 pm
please let the noxter have a ship/lifeform that goes around eating mines for some sort of gain. like a yoshi.
posted on February 8th, 2012, 10:56 pm
The Dominion version'll probably just be a Bug ramming the mines..
posted on February 9th, 2012, 1:20 am
Optec wrote:yep, there will be ways to remove mines for every faction

Translation: send in dozens of scout..
1, 2, 3, 4, 5