Resurrecting A Dinosaur

Announcements and news by us. Post comments about them here.
1, 2
posted on November 10th, 2012, 2:18 pm
Last edited by Zeich on November 10th, 2012, 3:18 pm, edited 21 times in total.
The Romulans have brought back an old favorite: The Raptor Class.  

[url=//www.fleetops.net/news/item/232-resurrecting-a-dinosaur]Click here to read this article![/url]
posted on November 10th, 2012, 5:21 pm
Looks nice.
posted on November 10th, 2012, 5:25 pm
nice job Zeich :woot:
posted on November 10th, 2012, 5:31 pm
Beautiful job. I look forward to blowing some up!
posted on November 10th, 2012, 6:33 pm
You'd be the right man for the spaceship designs of the next Star Trek movies, or a new series (if something like this ever starts again). I think Michael Okuda had engaged you in those days. :thumbsup:
posted on November 10th, 2012, 6:54 pm
Just LOVING it. Really looks like a raptor, can't wait to play around with it.
posted on November 10th, 2012, 7:17 pm
Awesome work, as always. I never noticed that the Raptor wasn't included until you made the comments in that news post (as I don't play Romulans usually), but I wondered why it was missing after it was pointed out.Hopefully, if you're redesigning ships from I and II to include, you'll eventually bring everything back. Though it'd probably be a balancing nightmare, it'd be sweet nonetheless.
posted on November 10th, 2012, 9:16 pm
Last edited by hellodean on November 10th, 2012, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
that model quality is awesome! good job Zeich

im wondering tho

This would make the Raptor feel more like an artillery cannon

so is it replacing the Serkas?
posted on November 10th, 2012, 9:57 pm
Yeah! Can't wait to heat those grills up!
posted on November 10th, 2012, 9:59 pm
hellodean wrote:that model quality if awesome! good job Zeich

im wondering tho

This would make the Raptor feel more like an artillery cannon

so is it replacing the Serkas?

sounds like it's gonna retake the serkas's role (artillery). but maybe the serkas model will survive and be used for another ship. no sense wasting a complete model that doesn't look that bad. I'd like the serkas model to do something not mainline, it looks like a ship that has a very unique purpose.
posted on November 10th, 2012, 10:44 pm
Myles wrote: I'd like the serkas model to do something not mainline, it looks like a ship that has a very unique purpose.

agreed,
perhaps its going to be the minelayer that has been mentioned before. or was that another ship?
posted on November 10th, 2012, 10:51 pm
hellodean wrote:
Myles wrote: I'd like the serkas model to do something not mainline, it looks like a ship that has a very unique purpose.

agreed,
perhaps its going to be the minelayer that has been mentioned before. or was that another ship?

Minelayer sounds fine to me :)
posted on November 10th, 2012, 11:34 pm
Wow, that's a beauty!
posted on November 10th, 2012, 11:37 pm
ah, it doesnt look like it will be a minelayer, thats a refit for the
Generix

the news post "A Generic Adventure"
//www.fleetops.net/news/item/216-a ... -adventure

As we speak of traps ... Here comes the final refit: The Minelayer Generix. Mines are typical Romulan weaponry and have been requested countless times by the community. It took us a while to implement a mechanic that really works well, but we are finally done. We will give the Minelayer and the whole mine system its own dedicated newspost once all the visuals are done, but let’s take a small sneak peak on how mines work.

shame as the serkas looks like it suits look of a minelayer
posted on November 11th, 2012, 2:53 am
The new raptor looks great. Always love those oldies when they get a remake. Nice work.
1, 2