KA2: Empire at War 1.2 beta

1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
posted on April 16th, 2015, 7:48 am
Squire James wrote: Which torpedoes exactly? The plasma ones tend to be larger than their photon counterparts, but there are none that are especially massive.

I know that the plasma ones tend to be larger (Romulan heavy torpedo)... :mellow:
But are they're that big?... :ermm:
FOScreenShot_150416_102330.png
FOScreenShot_150416_102330.png (765.9 KiB) Viewed 924 times

FOScreenShot_150416_102419.png
FOScreenShot_150416_102419.png (855.9 KiB) Viewed 924 times

The Gorn torpedoes are also really huge!... :blink:
Are there plasma as well?... :ermm:
FOScreenShot_150416_102806.png
FOScreenShot_150416_102806.png (861.21 KiB) Viewed 924 times

Again am not complaining, i'm just asking! :sweatdrop:
posted on April 18th, 2015, 3:19 am
Yep that's right :) In both KA and in the original series, Plasma torpedoes were massive :)
posted on April 18th, 2015, 6:39 am
OK, thank you. I was really eager to know this things! :sweatdrop:
By the way i really like those KA2ManualAddon.pdf files! I'm missing only the Lyran one! :sweatdrop:
I know that i could just go to Star Trek Wiki and learn about them, but the way you present this information is absolutely incredible! The level of artistic skill and dedication really shows there! :thumbsup:
posted on April 18th, 2015, 4:41 pm
Thanks, I had wondered if anyone had bothered reading my nerdy little descriptions of everything :lol:
posted on April 18th, 2015, 6:42 pm
Squire James wrote: Thanks, I had wondered if anyone had bothered reading my nerdy little descriptions of everything :lol:

Well, i will say it again - The level of artistic skill and dedication really shows there! :thumbsup:
And i really mean it! :thumbsup:
You can tell a real artist by the amount of skill (and details) he/she puts in to creation of something! :thumbsup:
And you can tell a real fan by the amount of dedication he/she puts in to something! :thumbsup:
About your "nerdy little descriptions of everything", well as long as you keep writing them i will keep reading and enjoying them! :yes:

P.S. That will probably date me really far back in time, but part of the charm of the oldskool video games was the ability to read about the game lore and the game itself in little manuals within the game. :on2long: And even back in time the games will come to you with little manuals/guides/books etc. -_-
Well, i manage to date myself pretty good there, :sweatdrop: but at least i show you that there a people out there that appreciate your work not only for the good graphics or even gameplay and so on, but your work as a whole!... :thumbsup:
posted on May 7th, 2015, 11:06 pm
Fantastic work; I really enjoyed the previous KA mods on A1 and they really inspried me during the creation of WOTW3! Looks like there will be a great attention to detail here.
posted on May 12th, 2015, 8:19 pm

I have just uploaded a patch to ModDb that should fix the repeated crashes due to AI use of the GDDS, changes fighter behaviour to be more FleetOps like, and a collection of other small fixes, tweaks and additions.

Should be authorised soon. Download and enjoy. :)
posted on May 19th, 2015, 2:30 pm
Awesome Mod, I m a long time fan of SFC ;)
I do however have one bug to report:
the game crashes for me immediatly after loading a map when I'm playing klingon...
I don't remember the exact error details, but I think it had something to do with techtree...
sounds familiar or am I the only one having this?
posted on May 20th, 2015, 2:10 pm
I played as the Klingon Empire against the Romulan Star Empire just the other day. If it happens again, could you send a crash report from the bug catcher? Thanks!
posted on May 20th, 2015, 3:52 pm
Hi, Squire James nice to see you again ! First of all great mod and good patch !
I don't have the "Klingon problem" like Bonusbartus, but i have a question to ask ...
Why are the main menu buttons so loud ? They don't appear to be influenced by the volume slider in the game menu either !
It's hard, especially at work ! The boss is watching your every click from across the room, you trying to look busy, and then that "squeak noise" from the main menu buttons of "KA2: Empire at War" ... :lol:
posted on May 20th, 2015, 9:12 pm
How very strange! :lol: I apologise for any workplace awkwardness. I'll have to investigate but I don't recall them being inordinately loud on my system.
posted on May 20th, 2015, 9:23 pm
Well i think the real problem is the fact that their don't appear to be influenced by the volume slider in the game menu .
And don't worry about the "workplace awkwardness", i'm used to it ... :lol:

EDIT - By the way i like the new AI use of the GDDS, and the new fighter behaviour mechanics that are more like FleetOps ones, and all other small fixes that you're done for this patch ! :thumbsup:

I am talking about the "squeak noise" from this menu's and buttons of "KA2: Empire at War" ...
untitled_x1.jpg
untitled_x1.jpg (358.77 KiB) Viewed 568 times
untitledx.jpg
untitledx.jpg (410.42 KiB) Viewed 568 times
posted on May 21st, 2015, 5:51 pm
All I did was switch around the sounds used by the main menu to use the same sound effects as the Klingon GUI (since it's KA2 and everything, hence the red menus and so forth). Perhaps the originals were also unaffected but their volume was lower so it wasn't as noticeable?
posted on May 21st, 2015, 9:03 pm
Squire James wrote: Perhaps the originals were also unaffected but their volume was lower so it wasn't as noticeable?

Yes, i think you're right ... :ermm:
Is it possible to lower the volume on this one's too?
posted on May 21st, 2015, 10:49 pm
I'll give it a shot. Might have to create duplicates then lower the volume on those.
1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18