KA2: Empire at War 1.2 beta

1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18
posted on September 29th, 2014, 1:15 am
Ok, I found the bug is something to do with the Lyrans. all other races load normal
posted on September 29th, 2014, 1:39 am
The current version has some odd little bugs with the Lyrans (namely the Caracal DD, Wildcat FS and Serval APA) but a patch I released a few hours ago fixes these. Hopefully that will solve the problem for you also. (I believe you are given a Wildcat as a starting unit, which would explain why it crashes)
posted on September 29th, 2014, 9:35 am
Thank you for the quick response you are great!... :) :D :thumbsup:
And by the way KA2: Empire at War is great mod and i em surprised how much immersed i em in that univers of yours!... :wub: That lead me to the question of how to contact you-( Squire James ) to ask you if i can do gameplay videos of your mod-KA2: Empire at War-and upload them to my chanel ( https://www.youtube.com/user/IvailoMladenov ) WITHOUT MONETIZE THEM!!!... :thumbsup: :sweatdrop: :thumbsup: :D
posted on September 29th, 2014, 1:26 pm
Feel free to make any video you wish :)
posted on September 29th, 2014, 2:54 pm
Thank you very much!... :woot: :woot: :woot:
posted on September 29th, 2014, 11:21 pm
Great to see this is being continued as it's an impressive mod.

Gave the latest beta a few whirls so far. Klingons and Feds seem to be fine, though trying to place Gorn King Grendels via the editor causes crashes for me. Might be something to do with the model? Will try Romulans tomorrow.

Also, is anyone else have tech tree oddities with the Hydrans and Lyrans? I play Hydrans and have only frigate and destroyer buttons visible at the shipyard (Regent and above never appear, though Monarch and Carrier are buildable via construction ship and missing ships can be placed via editor so issue seems to be the shipyard itself). When I played Lyrans and built their standard yard a moment ago it's build bar appeared totally empty (but again could place ships via editor)

I do love this mod a lot though gotta say. It's a lot of impressive work so far.
posted on September 30th, 2014, 12:12 am
T-Man, I've had these bugs reported to me by others also. Allow me to address them in turn :)

Certain vessels (including the Gorn King Grendel, Romulan Condor and the ISC Hero ship) were causing crashes. These have been fixed (forgot to alter some weapon names) Lyrans also were affected by this rather badly. All fixed in the v.1.3.1 patch

The Hydrans and Lyrans were bereft of some or all of their ships (not a tech tree error but a game engine limitation with shipyards) This has also been fixed. Also some mixed tech special weapons were showing up ghosted out (rather than completely hidden). These errors have been fixed in the v.1.3.1a patch (just uploaded, features all prior bug fixes too)

Hydran capital ships are intended to be constructed by their construction tender. This isn't a bug.

So, download the latest 1.3.1a patch (when its been authorised) and that should resolve these problems. Thanks again to everyone for finding these bugs so quickly and describing them so well. Makes my job so much easier. (and it means you get a bug fix super quick, win win really)
posted on September 30th, 2014, 4:25 pm
KA2: Empire at War crashes on ( best defense ) map,i suspect because the neutral a.i - ( sha kurian ships ) use they specials...
This doesn't happen in the same map when special weapons are off...As far as i know all other a.i. no matter neutral or not use their special abilities without causing game to crash,i em not checked them all... :ermm: :ermm: :ermm:
posted on September 30th, 2014, 9:43 pm
Hmm, strange. I just tested all the Sha'Kurian ships and their special weapons. No crashes. I'll try replicating the crash the same way as you have.
posted on October 1st, 2014, 6:35 am
I played as federation against klingon a.i. - None of those species (klingon and federation) give me trouble on other maps
so far - ( i em not checked all maps )... ??? But ( Sha'Kurian ships ) did crash the game when i played the same map with other species against other a.i. and ( special weapons autofire ) turned on!?... ??? :blink: :-\Now they crashed the game with klingon and feds-I played fed???... :hmmm: :( :-\ :'( ??? I am not sure what happening on this map - i can't watch all ships in the same time,but other species so far don't crash the game???...( I em not checked them all! )... ??? :-\ :'(

p.s. Don't worry if special weapons autofire turned on continue to be a problem, i will turn them off and continue playing!... :sweatdrop: :shifty: :)

p.s. p.s. Try playing ( best defense ) map with ( special weapons autofire ) turned on and try to make lots of ships use they ( special weapons ) at the same time,and try to make lots of ( Sha'Kurian ships ) use they ( special weapons ) at the same time as well...That is all i can think of - that is how happened to me - ( the crashes )!... :ermm: :(
posted on October 1st, 2014, 2:30 pm
Indeed, might just be the engine being overloaded with so many ships firing their specials. Sorry about that :(

I would say that the maps prefixed with KA2 (such as the MacArthur System, Ypres, Outback Region) are more closely designed to be used with KA2. I've no idea if they are "good maps" from a game play perspective but I tried to make them a little more realistic (planets orbiting a star) and of course, much bigger.
posted on October 1st, 2014, 3:59 pm
The maps are cool but if i understand correctly i should turn off the ( auto special abilities ) of the ships,play preferably on this maps ( MacArthur System, Ypres, Outback Region... ) and making the ships use they ( special abilities ) one by one so the game engine not overload?... ??? Is there not a solution to this?... :blink: :o

p.s. Don't worry if special weapons autofire turned on continue to be a problem, i will turn them off and continue playing!... :) :) :)
posted on October 1st, 2014, 4:51 pm
I usually play with autofire turned off, and just enable special weapon automation per ship. Always was a bit confused why Armada 2 added automation for special weapons. I assumed the fact they were powerful enough to turn a battle, but required user input to use was part of the balancing and the charm (i.e knowing when and where to use a special was part of the skill of playing Armada)

The theory behind using larger maps is that the AI produces the same amount of ships, but on a larger map they will be more spread out. Less strain on the engine in that way, plus KA2 was designed to be more like a 4X game and less "blobby" than most RTS. Big maps, ships having to fight a battle on their own without being able to zoom in reinforcements at a moments notice. More "trekky" basically :)
posted on October 1st, 2014, 7:38 pm
Thank you for your quick response and don't worry special weapons autofire will be off, and i will use ( special abilities ) one by one so the game engine don't overload! And i do think that KA2 is more "trekky" like this. :thumbsup:
Your mod is great and i em sorry if i bother you to much... :thumbsup: :sweatdrop:

p.s.Will it be too much if i ask relatively when will be a new update?... :sweatdrop: :shifty: :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :D
posted on October 2nd, 2014, 5:06 am
You don't bother me :) I am actually glad people are interested in my mod and are willing to be patient whilst I try and hunt the bugs that are found.
1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18