Undine (Alpha 1.1)

1, 2
posted on April 10th, 2014, 8:43 pm
Last edited by Blade on April 13th, 2014, 10:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ok so here is an early version of the 1st avatar for the Undine race. For those who do not know the Undine is the name given to Species 8472 in Star Trek Online and this mod introduces them to Fleet Operations.

Now the first Avatar is pretty much what you get in stock Star Trek Armada 2 using Chiletreks awesome models and animated by me. It will eventually introduce a regeneration feature that helps them recover but beware it will remove weapons and greatly reduce speed. It will also get the Mother Matriarch upgrade.

The second Avatar when added will include the Terrasphere and will concentrate more on infiltration but more on that when I actually get it ingame more.

Alpha version 1.1
https://www.mediafire.com/?7bimgspbfq97o1d

Although I have started balancing its still over powered soo feedback and advice greatly appriciated (does not have to just be about balancing by the way)

Knows Issues:-
(red means not yet fixed,yellow is when I'm working on it, green means fixed just waiting to be uploaded)
- Over Powered
- No XP gain when destroyed (for other races)
- Tooltips incorrect
- Scaling too small
posted on April 10th, 2014, 10:08 pm
Blade you ninja you XD. nice work

just outta curiosity while i'm d/ln, did you use chiletreks models for it?

and edit again. seriously did not read far enough to see you said that. i was so excited :wub:

and another edit: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG THIS IS SO AWESOME

and another edit: in the way of bugs it looks like your hex is broken, the avatar tooltips retain their klingon heiratage, and there is a second battleship gate in button that is missing. "idk if its supposed to be their or not."

eDiTz: you might think about increasing the size of the models too. their kinda small O.o

PENTAEDIT: Since you haven't done ranking yet. a cool idea to think about is maybe give the Undine ships a supply per kill mechanic to suplement their econmey. kidna like the klingons but more consistane
posted on April 10th, 2014, 10:59 pm
yh not really dne tooltips due to needing to do the balancing

ranking im unsure as it breaks the biopulse

good idea about the resource kill thing i'll consider it :P

not sure what you mean about the second gate thing

i'll look into the scales (chiletrek made them small on purpose (there small in the series))
posted on April 10th, 2014, 11:05 pm
Blade wrote:yh not really dne tooltips due to needing to do the balancing

ah ok

Blade wrote:ranking im unsure as it breaks the biopulse

good idea about the resource kill thing i'll consider it :P

using resoure on kill will inhibit ranking anyway.

you simply reduce the XP needed for rank to 1, then use next rank craft to rank the ship into itsself. that way every kill provides supply and your biopulse is not broken

Blade wrote:not sure what you mean about the second gate thing

there is a 5th build button for the battle ship on the fluidic gate that shouldn't be there i think

Blade wrote:i'll look into the scales (chiletrek made them small on purpose (there small in the series))

true true. but a small increase in size could really help readability. especially at max zoom.
posted on April 10th, 2014, 11:14 pm
oh yh that its for a unit called the matriarch guardian buildable once you have a matriarch (theres a hidden special weapon button on the mother that once you have all 3 research stations allows you to turn it into a matriarch)
posted on April 10th, 2014, 11:41 pm
nice job, i love to add races to my game folder, but i found several "bugs"

i played ai game , me as romulan vs 8472

1. romulan ships did not rank
2. 8472 ships are op
3. ai stops attacking after 1or 2 pushes
4. ai didnot expanded
5.8472 base has medium range
7. ships stats for 8472 do not show properly
posted on April 10th, 2014, 11:50 pm
1. romulan ships did not rank:
yh thats due to not having worth xp command (said it was an alpha)

2. 8472 ships are op:
I did mention that in my 1st post

3. ai stops attacking after 1or 2 pushes:
you mean the undine ai? if so dunno ive tested the ai against a borg merciless ai and it won so not really had much more testing

4. ai didnot expanded:
its using the stock a2 ai at the moment will try and make it better though

5.8472 base has medium range:
errr is that a bug???

7. ships stats for 8472 do not show properly:
as i mentioned in an earlier post not really done tooltips until the balance is better due to it being a pain and i'll have to just redo it again anyway

and some reason bug 6 was missing but oh well. thank you for the feed back will fix at least issue 1 and the scaling by next monday (im away for the weekend)
posted on April 13th, 2014, 10:44 pm
ok guys alpha 1.1 is up (see 1st post) same deal as before let me know of any bugs and what not
posted on April 13th, 2014, 10:52 pm
Is Valerie Archer the first avatar? I haven't checked it yet, butt it would be purrfect for the terrasphere if she, Admiral Bullock or the good old Boothby were the first avatar. :)
posted on April 15th, 2014, 9:34 pm
errrr no stock a2 are th 1st avatar with some tweaks planned terraspheres are planned for second avatar

ok update I've started on the second avatar which will use some new 8472 ships and the terrasphere and terradome

ok here are some examples of the new ships to be added:

8472_armoured_battleship_textured.png
8472_armoured_battleship_textured.png (303.32 KiB) Viewed 2664 times

Armoured Battleship

8472_fluidic_bioship_textured.png
8472_fluidic_bioship_textured.png (273.12 KiB) Viewed 2664 times

Fluidic Bioship

8472_matriarch_guardian.png
8472_matriarch_guardian.png (271.25 KiB) Viewed 2664 times

Matriarch Guardian (ok this is a new ship for the 1st avatar)
posted on April 16th, 2014, 7:34 pm
Hiya guys another update just a few pictures to show the units available in the second avatar, scalings and armaments are still to be decided upon but hope you like

Attachments

FOScreenShot_140416_005242.png
FOScreenShot_140416_005242.png (329.91 KiB) Viewed 2610 times
FOScreenShot_140416_010934.png
FOScreenShot_140416_010934.png (334.76 KiB) Viewed 2610 times
posted on April 16th, 2014, 8:19 pm
Looking good there Blade, nice work :-)
posted on April 16th, 2014, 8:31 pm
Agree with Atlantis. Those look really good. Nice work Blade.
posted on April 16th, 2014, 8:47 pm
thx most are unreleased ships by chiletrek some are kitbashes by me of his models. work is progressing slowly tho (been really tired recently)
posted on May 19th, 2014, 9:55 am
Hi,
Just wondering if you have made any further developments with your mod??
Jh02
1, 2